Boys will be boys

Yes they should know better but, they've been cooped up for a while and, they misbehaved when they were let loose.

........ I wonder how much of the scrapping was caused by jealous locals when their women took a shine to our military lads :whistling:

The Paras were worse during decompression in Cyprus.

I remember going to the  Lydd ranges shooting as a young cadet when the South Wales Borderers came back from Aden. They had been as good as gold when they were elsewhere but when they were billeted there out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do they kept getting into trouble. We had a good day visiting them and fired the FAL, GPMG and the Stirling SMG under their close supervision with them on the ranges. We had taken our no.4s in 303 to shoot on the ranges. We were only young schoolboy cadets  but their officers were really impressed and surprised that we outshot their best shots from 200 out to 600 yards. I think  that they just thought that we were just kids and would be not much good. Also we were using rifles that were like new and we had been taught to shoòt only on ranges at those sort of ranges. I dont think that they expected to be outshot by kids.  It was like England being beaten three nil by somewhere like san marino Their officers wern't  best pleased and neither were their nco's. Great fun and it is still crystal clear in the mind. Ps I didnt like the SMG much. I was only little and I  couldn't control its upward recoil movement. The FAL and the GPMG were fantastic.

17 minutes ago, Meece said:

I remember going to the  Lydd ranges shooting as a young cadet when the South Wales Borderers came back from Aden. They had been as good as gold when they were elsewhere but when they were billeted there out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do they kept getting into trouble. We had a good day visiting them and fired the FAL, GPMG and the Stirling SMG under their close supervision with them on the ranges. We had taken our no.4s in 303 to shoot on the ranges. We were only young schoolboy cadets  but their officers were really impressed and surprised that we outshot their best shots from 200 out to 600 yards. I think  that they just thought that we were just kids and would be not much good. Also we were using rifles that were like new and we had been taught to shoòt only on ranges at those sort of ranges. I dont think that they expected to be outshot by kids.  It was like England being beaten three nil by somewhere like san marino Their officers wern't  best pleased and neither were their nco's. Great fun and it is still crystal clear in the mind. Ps I didnt like the SMG much. I was only little and I  couldn't control its upward recoil movement. The FAL and the GPMG were fantastic.

Really ???

• Haha 2