Enlarged heart in young dog

Anyone had any experience with this . I have a dog in the vet and been ex rayed and nothing stuck inside it but vet saying heart large. It been poorly the dog for weeks . The say it could be a condition or even a infection so try it on different antibiotic and something to keep growing down for now . Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a running dog??Greyhounds and heavy blooded running dogs do have larger hearts than other breeds, alot of vets dont know this and say the dog has a large heart when infact it is normal. Mick the miller was found to have a extremely large heart even for a race dog.  this could well be another issue if its a running dog thats not been diagnosed proper depending on the vets competence.

• Like 1

Hi I understand what you mean, as once a vet told me that when I brought my young lurcher pup to him , this was about nearly 20 year's ago and he said that from listening to it with the scope. He said be no good for hunting but took no notice as knew he also be bit anti and the dog was fine .  Anyway this dog i have now is terrier and lucky enough it's eating now and was right down thin . Had all the symtons of the heart disease enlargement and [BANNED TEXT] I read about it . The vet had dog stay there for five days and I have medication for 2 weeks . 3 different sets of tablets. There putting it down to a bad infection. And give right medication. The said with that type of dog that wouldn't show itself as something affecting it like other breeds in its self . I didn't think no way make it , it was in bad way for weeks and as said symptoms was same as read about but dogs was older that has it. Thanks 

• Like 1