.17hmr rounds ?

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

This issue came about a few years back.

CCI was under immense pressure to fill orders and so uppingg production speed only served to work harden the cold swaged necks more so.

This is ammo is from that period, I believe they have now come up with a solution.

Still a mouse gun though ?

I'm trying to remember but I think it was circa 2000/2001 the HMR hit our shores, things appeared fine for a year or two, (actually, HMR gun sales took off like a rocket) then ammo issues started being reported.    It was well known by 2007 and has been around ever since!     

I get the impression something has changed with the ammo over the last year or two but I don't know what.     It must be something fairly effective as HMR Semi Auto rifles are coming back.

:thumbs:

Not a fan of this calibre anyway. 22lr for rabbit and Fox and a 22cf for fox and smaller dèer species. And before we go into the 22lr ain't man enough for fox thing, I've shot far more Fox with my 22lr than I have with my 222 òr 223 or 243. Years ago before the 22cf explosion most Foxes that were shot with 22lr because people didn't shoot Fox at aĺl. They were left for the hunt. Those that did get shot were Mainly shot by someone with a shotgun when one was found poking about around the chicken run.

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Not a fan of this calibre anyway. 22lr for rabbit and Fox and a 22cf for fox and smaller dèer species. And before we go into the 22lr ain't man enough for fox thing, I've shot far more Fox with my 22lr than I have with my 222 òr 223 or 243. Years ago before the 22cf explosion most Foxes that were shot with 22lr because people didn't shoot Fox at aĺl. They were left for the hunt. Those that did get shot were Mainly shot by someone with a shotgun when one was found poking about around the chicken run.

Each to their own, I rate the HMR, I also have 2 x .22Lr and a WMR, as well as the centrefires etc.

Again, let me be clear, the ammo situation on the HMR is appalling, but I have a use for ALL my rifles so no intention of dropping the HMR.

And as regards .22LR for fox, yep, me to, I do a lot of garden foxes and use it commonly, works just fine!

:thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1