Hey Folks! 

I'm looking to make myself some pigeon Biltong. Has anyone done this before? 

How did it go? How many pigeon breasts do you think would be needed to make a weeks suply? 

Just trying to get a rough guage, don't want to start and end up with half a mouthful once it's cured! 

TIA, Benn

Ben no Idea really, but do let us know how you get on sounds like a great idea. Try five birds see hoe you get on. Are you going to marinate them or coat them in any thing?

Cheers Arry

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Ben no Idea really, but do let us know how you get on sounds like a great idea. Try five birds see hoe you get on. Are you going to marinate them or coat them in any thing?

Cheers Arry

Found a few different recipies online, not sure yet. Got to wait till I've got some woodies then will see!

Will update post when I get round to doing it

• 3 weeks later...

Just hung my first piece of silverside beef. It's been marinaded and seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, corriander and paprika. Oh and a little vinegar. Now hung and got to wait 3-4 days and hope it has gone well! No idea what I'm looking for so playing it by eye... And nose i guess!

IMG_20180806_224141_Bokeh.jpg

Edited by Benn McIntyre
  • Like 1

Biltong Update, after 4 days biltong came out of box. And went straight in my belly! It was delicious! It was a little dry for my liking so either less time in the box or a lower wattage. 

Flavour wise, tasted great but next time im using double the seasoning as although it was there it was only just there and I want it to pack more of a punch! 

Luckily I have a huge chunk of silverside to get cracking with! 

IMG_20180810_184446_Bokeh.jpg

• Like 1