I was watching a Si Pittaway clip on Youtube and he made reference to The Hunting Life, so I decided to have a look. I`m based in Zurich and been living here for the last 10 years. As for field sports, I hunt, shoot, stalk and flyfish. I also enjoy beach casting and spinning for sea bass, or Lure Fishing as I now believe its called. I mainly hunt Roe, Sika and Wild Boar in Switzerland. I also like Alpine hunting for Gemse and Ibex. I no longer shoot foxes as they are not the pest here that they are in Ireland and England as we don`t have very many sheep. THis upsets some of farmer friends from Scotland and Ireland. I won`t begrudge the fox the odd chicken or pet rabbit. Moreover, when I am after boar at night, I love to watch them through my NV skulking about and I love to call them in just to watch them sit down like a dog.

I do miss my Sewin fishing though and also rough shooting for duck and pheasant. Duck shooting is available but I prefer to take them on the wing rather than with a .22.  On the plus side, I took up pistol shooting when I first arrived and I have built up a nice collection of both classic and modern pistols. Many thanks for letting me join. All the best, tight lines, good shooting or we say in these parts, Petri Heil and Waidmannsheil.

• Like 3