A somerset invitation day 2

After a long night we ended up needing to recharge our batteries for longer than we anticipated and ended up getting out quite a bit later than expected at around 6.45 ? thinking the better part of the morning may have been and gone we decided a quick coffee to wake us up was needed then a quick look around at a farm only 5 mins down the road was our best option. On the way there the weather seemed to be in our favour being a smidge colder than the previous morning and we hoped this might have kept the deer from moving around so quickly. On arrival we could see a doe and her fawn slowly moving across a low field up towards us. We drove to the top of the hill and round a stone path and there was decent 6 point buck staring straight at us ??? shiit reverse slowly back around the corner. Trying now to quietly get my rifle out and loaded without making any noise and getting out of the Landy door. The wind being totally not in our favour, the buck was barking and going on crazy at us. Where he stood and where we were meant the shot wouldn’t be able to be made as we was rather a bit too close to farmers house. A quick plan was executed and we made our way around the stone wall up hill slightly and to the right of where the buck was, though a steel gate and up the side of barn. All the time the buck hadn’t moved a foot and was still barking. Sticks up cross hairs on his shoulder boooooom 2nd buck down. In all the excitement I didn’t get much of a look at him through the scope in case he ran but I knew he was 6 pointer. Waited a few moments and we walked up the meadow to see my prize n I’m literally smiling like a Cheshire Cat I can see he’s special ???? im overjoyed with my buck and Matt I can’t thank you enough for my invite down I truly am a very happy boy indeed and I can assure you one day I’ll return the favour somehow. Your an absolute legend. Matt & Tim thanks for the great company and laughs we had while I was down and l look forward to another trip down in the future. Here’s my buck he’s weighing in at 646gramms at the moment and the 1st buck at 510 grammes.

Back to base we spent some time boiling and cleaning and got the heads looking rather nice. I’m now back home in Essex with my 2 great bucks sitting in some peroxide. Once again thanks a million E81CA6E4-F4CF-44A0-BD87-16BDD59B4337.thumb.jpeg.0ee74ecc8201a4b4d3928d143a4f7d0c.jpeg

DCB38F55-BAD1-4809-896F-01A6AA092FBF.thumb.jpeg.2c42cb0aa55b3ea2553fc6b7cdcf9edd.jpeg

8AF8AAE7-F90A-435A-AB10-77FFDA489D01.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got lucky with that one mate as I don’t know where the hell he came from. The shepherd rotates the sheep every ten days as well so well lucky to see him! Great shot again with the pressure on as he was properly switched onto us and going at the barking. 

07ABC91B-6F10-48E6-A600-16E397B78510.thumb.jpeg.b2c13ff944b014f7bec36237f0190d8e.jpeg

BCDA3E56-8FBB-4F02-A55F-4B2BD01D1341.thumb.jpeg.06ae2ac785832d1653585fece5e17f01.jpeg

B02C24F0-F182-4125-8E05-01696E11F5B6.jpeg

No worries mate glad to be of help lol how much do head typically loose in weight once they’re dry? Spoke to a cic measurer nearest to me and he said only have to wait 30 days until they can be measured.