Fwb sport restoration

Morning all.

I have just had two tired looking Fwb sports 127,s completely refurbished, stocks to Nathan and actions to Colin, both elements now back here and looking superb.

Now they were both rather boingy and not particularly pleasant to shoot. So I now need to decide what is best to do internally before reassembling.

I prefer a slower/softer shot cycle, rather than quick and snappy. One spring is bent so will need to be replaced, both piston and breach seals are going to be replaced, I do need to find the best type of seal for these rifles.

The pistons will be polished up, cylinder degreased etc, I don't want to go down the delrin route if I can avoid it.

Unfortunately there are no YouTube videos showing how to strip/tune these rifles.

I know a few of you gents use these rifles regularly so would really appreciate any hints or recommendations on best way forward.

Thanks for reading,

Jamie.

• Like 1

Hi MT,

Go over to the FWB 124/ 127 sport owners forum.

A friend called Nick Simmons will give you all the help you need as well as the other lads on there.

You have chosen one hell of a spring rifle MT.  :good:

Here`s my FWB Sport 124 last summer on the pigeons

IMG_0638.JPG.9957ec868ca9ffc8b6c13a4f74ec21a3.JPG

Good luck.

On 09/06/2018 at 11:38, mole trapper said:

Morning all.

I have just had two tired looking Fwb sports 127,s completely refurbished, stocks to Nathan and actions to Colin, both elements now back here and looking superb.

Now they were both rather boingy and not particularly pleasant to shoot. So I now need to decide what is best to do internally before reassembling.

I prefer a slower/softer shot cycle, rather than quick and snappy. One spring is bent so will need to be replaced, both piston and breach seals are going to be replaced, I do need to find the best type of seal for these rifles.

The pistons will be polished up, cylinder degreased etc, I don't want to go down the delrin route if I can avoid it.

Unfortunately there are no YouTube videos showing how to strip/tune these rifles.

I know a few of you gents use these rifles regularly so would really appreciate any hints or recommendations on best way forward.

Thanks for reading,

Jamie.

First off nice rifles Mark loves his

but mind now he has the hw97 that may change lol

pm charlie caller or Si brown off here there the two top tuners on here and both know there stuff .

and i bet the stocks look good if Nath has done them for you

get some pics up of them

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks 1