Get a bird or not

Hawk86

Hi there would love some advice 

I have been toying with the idea of getting my own hawk over last few years as I have always been in to hunting etc but due to not having the room for a decent size mews always thought it wouldn’t be fair,but I have recently moved house and now I have the room.im after some advice on how much time is needed on owning a bird and how much genuine time they need as the last thing I want is to not have enough time to dedicate to the bird

thanks

kevin

16 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Sorry for jumping on thread pal, but what type bird would be best suited to rabbits an corvids?

Corvids are quite hard to catch unless you are car hawking which to me is not that sporting.

Also it depends on what corvids you are hunting, magpie, jackdaw, rook or crow?

If you have open country then I think a good peregrine or peregrine hybrid takes some beating at rook and crows.

A goshawk will also take them well, but you need to be able to stalk in to them within a decent range.

For rabbits, I would say a Harris, Redtail or Goshawk will all take them well.

• Thanks 1

have you got good land to fly the bird on with decent quarry mate,your a bit to far away from me mate or I would of supplied you with a young harris,bothe parents excellent hunters,good luck mate

• Like 1