hows your season?

were going good, apart from one day in nov that went tits up as some poaching prick had his lurchers coursing hares through my game covers, and some folk say there doing no harm (kidding) :tongue2: no, all jokes aside if it could have gone wrong it did, lack of beaters was my main down fall, as i started the shoot up 4 years ago, and it hadnt been used 33 years previous, im last in line for beaters as they had prioritys on other estates...

theres NO way on gods earth that this estate could produce 50% returns, guns come here to test them selves on birds that make a average team look poor.. i must add its more to do with the steep ness of our ground and hight of the birds that knack my averages.... we put down 4600, shooting 10 days @ 150 head, most teams end up with about 125, but my self and the boss are happy as long as my shot clickers keeps turning,we average about 800 to 850 shots per day..... wish the percentages could be worked out on the guns hitting 1 in 4 rather than what they do manage...

any way its only 3 or so more weeks to go and then its our turn to waste a bit of shot. feckin roll on keepers week

were going good, apart from one day in nov that went tits up as some poaching prick had his lurchers coursing hares through my game covers, and some folk say there doing no harm (kidding) :tongue2: no, all jokes aside if it could have gone wrong it did, lack of beaters was my main down fall, as i started the shoot up 4 years ago, and it hadnt been used 33 years previous, im last in line for beaters as they had prioritys on other estates...

theres NO way on gods earth that this estate could produce 50% returns, guns come here to test them selves on birds that make a average team look poor.. i must add its more to do with the steep ness of our ground and hight of the birds that knack my averages.... we put down 4600, shooting 10 days @ 150 head, most teams end up with about 125, but my self and the boss are happy as long as my shot clickers keeps turning,we average about 800 to 850 shots per day..... wish the percentages could be worked out on the guns hitting 1 in 4 rather than what they do manage...

any way its only 3 or so more weeks to go and then its our turn to waste a bit of shot. feckin roll on keepers week

Going allright birds are there had some big bags but wether has been good .post-10962-1198790098.jpg

post-10962-1198790229.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you on this one, personally i expected a bit more of a response. Just shows that their actually isnt many on hear. come on, lets hear from the rest of you, be nice to know how well every one is doing!

Regards

Aaron

I agree with you on this one, personally i expected a bit more of a response. Just shows that their actually isnt many on hear. come on, lets hear from the rest of you, be nice to know how well every one is doing!

Regards

Aaron

Hi there, our shoot is doing ok and we're on course for more than 50%, we only started the shoot last season with what can only be descibed as a novice syndicate of 7 guns, we only put 1000 birds down this season and are getting bags of around 55, we only have 2 woods on the shoot,all of our cover is steep fellside covered in bracken and crags hence we have very high challenging birds.

Regards

Aaron

Hi there, our shoot is doing ok and we're on course for more than 50%, we only started the shoot last season with what can only be descibed as a novice syndicate of 7 guns, we only put 1000 birds down this season and are getting bags of around 55, we only have 2 woods on the shoot,all of our cover is steep fellside covered in bracken and crags hence we have very high challenging birds.

Beaters day wed and there had better a be a few nice drives lol...

Guest little_lloyd

Theres still a few birds around,, Mostly hens,, We are going to shoot a few for the last time this year on the weekend and fill the freezer.

But i watched a few go to roost tonight and only seen ten hens and three cock birds so they are thining out.

Theres still a few birds around,, Mostly hens,, We are going to shoot a few for the last time this year on the weekend and fill the freezer.

But i watched a few go to roost tonight and only seen ten hens and three cock birds so they are thining out.

going good , averaging 50 head per shoot , wild birds and a few rabbits ,woodcock etc

Guest little_lloyd

I think these guinea Fowl (that turned up :whistling: ) Have earnt there stay....Untill they are a bit fatter haha lol

My mate has always wanted to realease a few turkeys in the wood lol,, that would be fun :laugh:

LL's Safari shoot :D