Bells

Shamo

Just want some advice on Bells. I am planning on hunting with my MHH...what else would I do!?....anyway I was wondering what was everbodys thoughts on location and amount of Bells to put on? I put a Lahore Bell on his left leg above anklet with a Bewitt. I was planning on getting hold of him again and put a Tail Bell on instead, with a Plectrum. Is it worth putting a Bell on his Tail or on the Leg? How many would you put on, one on each Leg, One on Leg and one on Tail, or just one on either the Tail or the Leg? Tips appreciated.

I like putting a bell on the decks....if you have noticed when a Harris Hawk perches in a tree ect every so often they give their decks a bit of a twitchy shake....which will obviously make the bell give of sound.....but i also had one or both legs belled!....Just my Opinion!

I have up to this year always put bells on the legs, but this year have changed tact and am trying a plectum on the tail, and am finding it works well, as said when your harris wags its tail you hear it, I have also found with the plectum fitting the telem alot easier, everyone will have different views on this one, you just have to try things out and see what works for you.

I have flown a P/R Gos in the past without telemetry, for the first few outing until it got the message I did it up like a christmas tree! one lahore on each leg and a Velarde on the decks, that bird couldn't move a foot or its tail without me knowing exactly where it was :yes:, once she got the message she was stripped back to the one on her tail! thankfully my Telemetry returned back by this time too so no problem :thumbs:...

Jasper

Just want some advice on Bells. I am planning on hunting with my MHH...what else would I do!?....anyway I was wondering what was everbodys thoughts on location and amount of Bells to put on? I put a Lahore Bell on his left leg above anklet with a Bewitt. I was planning on getting hold of him again and put a Tail Bell on instead, with a Plectrum. Is it worth putting a Bell on his Tail or on the Leg? How many would you put on, one on each Leg, One on Leg and one on Tail, or just one on either the Tail or the Leg? Tips appreciated.

my personal oppinion is on the tail mate with the plectrum on it :yes::thumbs:

i fly my harris hawks with leg bells, female (1) ,male (2) one on each leg, but im going to be flying a goss from next year so i will be going on to tail bells. the reason i fly two on my male is because the bells are smaller and harder to hear at a distance. so the smallest of movement it can be herd better .

regards wag :thumbs:

That puts a different 'tak' on it Millet. I am not experienced enough yet to make that sort of decision, maybe when I learn to read my Bird and learn his tactics. It seems there is a split between more than one Bell in more than one location and just one Bell on either the Leg or the Decks................clear as mud....lol. I think I will stick with the Leg until I get my Telemetry Set in the new Year. Then I think I will keep the Legs clean and just have one on the Decks. Cheers for the input.