what x

hello people..what x or straight whippit do you think is best for small fields?? weve got about 120 acres of grass land which is broken up in 6 or 7 acre fields with hedges.old fashioned ground i suppose.got no interest in running foxes as i have a 223 centre fire and they struggle to out run that ;) .iv got a dog to do the bigger ground which i will post some pics of as soon as i get pics sorted..........hope everyone has had a great xmas :clapper:

not that fussed about hares really just enjoy rabbiting.i do alot with the rifles but we have loads of ground were it isnt safe to shoot .and i miss seeing a running dog work...

i have a suluki/deerhound/g/hound that jason off hear kindly gave me. :yes:

my dogs been out of work for a few months.so iv been giving him 3 or 4 miles of road work a day,goin to try him on the lamp tmorow night if its not frozen.iv seen him do a couple of runs on a very dim lamp and he looked ok.will try him on a few easy ones so he's got a chance..want a bitch aswell so thats why i was asking. :thumbs:

is there anyone on hear that has bedligton whippits ..theres someone selling whippits in the next town to me but the add dosnt mention working parents and they want £350 for the pups.iv seen little dogs work tight fields and they go dead well :clapper:

nothing wrong with the smaller lurcher ..but i like somthing with a bit of size about it .,...i run in all sizes of fields from 2 acre to fen land .....if its from the right sort of breeding you should be able to get a dog that can handle all sizes of land or most.......and be able to take other quarry aswell if the chance arises......jmop

hi.the whippit pup looks great!!! just bad timing.iv got to buy a larger house so im not going to get another dog for a month or two.i could keep another dog up at the farm but i like my dogs close so i can spend time with them.as soon as i get moved i'll build some decent dog runs and get one then...cheers for all the sound advice on this thread will be going for small bitch. :D