luck

went out ferreting yestday afternoon to get a couple of bunnys for a friend that was teaching a team bonding class on kill it ,cook it ,eat it. within a few minutes I had a few gathered up and decided to call it a day. this was a 3 holer ditch,no sign of a signal on the locator! And so the long wait began.after an hour and fading light we decided to block up all 3 holes and reluctantly head home. We went back later that night with the lamp to find that a gap a been scrapped out between the rock and soil, he was on the run.we lamped all the surrounding fields but nothing. this morning I ventured out again and removed all stones and called again but nothing . I searched all the ditches and fields and decided to revisit the burrow one last time on my way back to the van, there he was without a care in the world standing on the stone I had removed earlier. gave him a whistle and over he came , on checking the collar I found a bit of  sand had got into the housing even though I had it taped up. I was over the moon to get him back, apart from the loss of an expensive collar, I had spent a good few quid on him for the snip op, so hes pretty much got a job in the yard to do getting the jills out of season. I think I'm going to keep him back for that job alone from now on !!