advise on a izuzu trooper please

hi guys im on the look out for a izuzu trooper. ive seen a 3dr one its up nr manchester the guy said it drives spot on and all the 4x4 system works perfect hi and low gears to. im new to these sort of cars as ive never needed one before. but now need one to get round my shoots. so is there any advise people on here could give me about the trooper and what to look out for when looking over it. the guy thats selling it said there is a little blow from the flexi pipe on it ? would this be dear to repair ?

thanks for any help and happy xmas to you all.

Edited by jamie g

Guest little lurcher

i have recently got one on a j plate ( old) and cant fault it , on or off road, very good on fuel and all i wanted , i got it very cheap so did have a full service done and i think this does help

Guest alastair

had 4 isuzu never had any probs,my trooper done 180,ooo miles and dont burn a drop of oil,m reg just had mot with very few things needed considering the abuse it gets,spares are cheap (milner offroad)

had 4 isuzu never had any probs,my trooper done 180,ooo miles and dont burn a drop of oil,m reg just had mot with very few things needed considering the abuse it gets,spares are cheap (milner offroad)

cheers lads :thumbs: alastair have you had any problems with the flexi pipe on the exhaust the guy whos trooper im looking at buying said he knocked it well going off road the other day in it. he said its easy fixed and to be honest you cant really hear it. but ive heard the exhausts are dear to replace on these and i dont want to have to spend on it right after buying it.

Edited by jamie g
Guest alastair

cheers lads :thumbs: alastair have you had any problems with the flexi pipe on the exhaust the guy whos trooper im looking at buying said he knocked it well going off road the other day in it. he said its easy fixed and to be honest you cant really hear it. but ive heard the exhausts are dear to replace on these and i dont want to have to spend on it right after buying it.

hi mate yes exhausts are a bit dear,i recall buying a rear box for 70 squids,not sure about flexi pipe,maybe its the bit near the manifold,call milner offroad for a price,or if the seller is confident its easily fixed ask him how much it will cost then tel, him your ll give him that amount to the last pound if he fixes it.

hi mate yes exhausts are a bit dear,i recall buying a rear box for 70 squids,not sure about flexi pipe,maybe its the bit near the manifold,call milner offroad for a price,or if the seller is confident its easily fixed ask him how much it will cost then tel, him your ll give him that amount to the last pound if he fixes it.

cheers mate have a nice xmas

STAY WELL AWAY IF ITS THE 3.O LITRE MODEL, BIG BIG TROUBLE WITH THERE ENGINE, I KNOW HAD ONE FOR 3 YEARS !! COST ME A FURTUNE !!

THE 3.1 LITER ARE THE BETTER MODEL.

its the 3.1 im going to look at mate :thumbs: not the newer ones with the 3.0 engine in. ive heard they are trouble :D

take a good look at the chassis mate once they start to go they rot like feck

Yeh thats something you have to watch on the earlier models (not sure about the newer models)......after driving the earlier and the later models off road i prefer the older ones for the off roading i do....I have a H reg one at the min and i love it to drive pulls like chuff compared to other older 4x4's and is good on diesal.....Engine wise you cant go wrong but you must check the chasis and boot floor for rot!

Good Luck!

Yeh thats something you have to watch on the earlier models (not sure about the newer models)......after driving the earlier and the later models off road i prefer the older ones for the off roading i do....I have a H reg one at the min and i love it to drive pulls like chuff compared to other older 4x4's and is good on diesal.....Engine wise you cant go wrong but you must check the chasis and boot floor for rot!

Good Luck!

cheers lads ive been offered one in a swap for my passat tdi. its a v-reg 133,000 on the clock and its the 3.0 engine.

if it looks ok im intrested but im abit worried about the newer ones as ive heard the engines isnt as good as the older 3.i troopers. so im abit lost what to do now :(

i no the bighorn is the same as the trooper. but the bighorn is what is called in japan. but are the parts the same as the troopers over here? and is it just more dear to insure the a uk 4x4 as ive been offered one on a n plate is the 3.1 engine ion a n the same as the 3.1 say on a k plate