I was thinking about looking at one of these units to buy  ,has anyone had /has one .I plan on mounting it on the scope of my Air arms 510s in .22 and my rimfire .22 for rabbit control.Any advice  or information on the operation would be great.and would it do meet my needs  ?

Edited by toolebox

It will.

I have the Viper with an extra IR T50 torch which will then give all the range you need for  fac air and rimmy. I will also be honest and say I am considering a dedicated NV some time next year but cannot knock the NiteSite at all.

Phil

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Phil ,if you are considering a dedicated Nv scope in 2018

the photon RT is very good value for the money and with a good IR  Torch

is an excellent nv unit, i have the 4.6 photon which i use with a t20 ir torch

on my.22 lr rimfire its a great bunny bashing unit.

atb brian

I have the XT 4.5 that Jimmy kindly loaned me. It is very much at test stage because of some time commitments and shocking weather. I must say this one is a pain to zero because I couldn't even see a 10mm spot target at 25mt. I am going to try again next week in daylight at 50mt rather than an indoor range.

I am keeping an open mind but to be honest, the image quality is not a patch on the Nitesite. I do like the fact that I can have multiple zero points for different ammo.

Phil

I've used Nite Site products for many years and am very happy with them. I had 2/3 faulty Vipers which put me off them a bit but now got a Wolf RTek and it's a cracking piece of kit and was very happy with it until I spoke to IanB and got myself a Pulsar Helion thermal all I can say is wow am so impressed with it no more searching for bunnies in nettles long grass etc. Nice chap to deal with too am looking to treat myself to a thermal rifle scope next