Chronograph In Leeds?

Afternoon lads, fitted a vortek pg2 kit to my 97kt this morning, having polished and fettled all the internals a couple of days ago. First impressions are very good, recoil has reduced significantly and zero spring noise, quiet as a mouse, just a pleasing thwack. Going to fire as many shots as I can through her this evening to bed it in.

Now this may be a bit of an ask but do any forum members in or around Leeds have a chrono that I could test the power of the rifle on? I've been warned to check after using vortek, and with only one air rifle at the moment buying a chrono is fairly low on the list.

All the best,

Guy

I'm too far out in Scarborough but there are a few good lads in and around the Leeds area who I'm sure will help you out,

when they see this post!

don't take it into a shop cos they won't let you walk back out with it unless you pull it to bits!

its nailed on that the power will of gone up.. I fitted a vortek piston seal and breach seal to my 97 the other week...

no spring change just seals and it went up about 3 ftlbd

atb si

• Like 1

Bloody hell, that's quite an increase from just seals! I notice the spring had quite a bit more preload than the factory fitted one and the piston seal was incredibly tight - couldn't pull it back out of the compression chamber so I sized it back a tiny bit. It's still nice and tight but I can pull it through the chamber now.

I've had friends take rifles that were unknowingly hot to rfds and had some bad experiences, there fault for not checking and adjusting, but that's exactly what I want to avoid. I'm capable of collapsing a coil if needs be.

Ta,

Guy

• Like 2

Mines broke and I'm waiting for a case (my mate shot it) if I get it fixed you can come and chrono it in my garage. Pm me if you get stuck. I should get it fixed by Wednesday hopefully. I'm in Morley.

• Like 1

Mines broke and I'm waiting for a case (my mate shot it) if I get it fixed you can come and chrono it in my garage. Pm me if you get stuck. I should get it fixed by Wednesday hopefully. I'm in Morley.

knew tom wold come through for you Guy... he's the good bloke in the Leeds area :thumbs:

you'll be like a pig in sh1t with the 97 when you know its on the money :laugh:

atb si

knew tom wold come through for you Guy... he's the good bloke in the Leeds area :thumbs:

atb si

Was already like a pig in sh1t after Jimmy recommended reducing the trigger pull weight! Total game changer. The kit is taking it to the next level I reckon, just been doing some plinking out the back and she is a different animal. Now I just need to work on my shooting!

All the best,

Guy

• Like 1

atb si

Was already like a pig in sh1t after Jimmy recommended reducing the trigger pull weight! Total game changer. The kit is taking it to the next level I reckon, just been doing some plinking out the back and she is a different animal. Now I just need to work on my shooting!

All the best,

Guy

hw springers are ace Guy .... I put a tbt kit in my .177 95 and it ran like a dream at just a shade over 15...

my chrono was bust so I couldn't check it :laugh:

its still good at just under 12 but not as much fun!!

atb si

• Like 2