Ferret Milk Question!

My kits are now 5 weeks old and are eating rabbit and day old chicks fine. They are also hobbling around the hutch.

But my jill has got a bit swallen around her nipples. Is this due to the kits not suckling as much or is it more serious?

My misses had a blocked milk duct with our first and she had to have antibiotics.

FF

If your kits are eating fine from about a month old you should of taken her away from the kits a couple of hours a day to let her rest and build her back up , then your kits claws are probably needing clipped as thats what will be doing the damage . But ive there eating and drinking fine you could remove the jill and run them on by themselves till there ready to rehome at eight weeks

I take the jill out while i handle the kits and she goes with the other jill for bout 30 to 40 minutes and they just go in the other nest box.

She can get away from the kits into a separate part of the court through a tube the kits have yet found and she goes out there in early morning to sun bathe and wind the cats and rooks up.

Went and checked the kits claws and the dont seem that bad. And the jill hasnt got any scratch marks on her.

She does have one clingy kit the only hob he just whines for her all the time.

FF