BodyGrip Trap

ditch you can know get felt foofing shingles over here that look like slate

but what i would like to know is why rivet felt to them pans ??

does it have a purpose ?

another thing that made me think was the link steven58 put on kids4traps could you imagine what the goverment

over here would think of that.

i envy you boys ,across the pond :yes:

Here is a pic of what we call hardware cloth. It is a woven wire that is welded and galvanized. This is 1/4" mesh.

100_0698.jpg

as far as the shingle goes, I rivet it on so it stays put and will last a while. The shingles cut outs are made of asphalt roofing shingles that are 12" by 36" long and have aggrigate on them and that looks like soil (earthtone colors)but also when some dirt is added to the pan , it doesn't blow away. I set these so that the pan is even with the pathway floor.

Ditch , I set these for the fastest and most humane kill possible and 90% of the time that is what you get but when you have allot of raccoons around , they go feet first rather than head first and they cause all the fouling problems. Otter, fisher , mink,weasels and beaver are head first animals and very short legged so they are in perfect position for a fast kill. That big mink never knew what hit him.

Edited by Ace trapper
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:clapper: At last! I can talk American! :laugh: Cheers!

So; What You call " Hardware Cloth " is what We call " Twilweld " (or some of us older people do, because that was the original trade name of 'Weldmesh') and 'Asphalt with aggregate on it'? Yeppers. That is indeed commonly known as " Roofing Felt " in uk. We're all perfectly familiar with that stuff :good:

Now I guess I'll have to read ye stuff through again, just so my brain can absorb what ye were actually saying, without stopping halfway to wrangle in my head about what was what ;)

Hi Tawny I can see where you coming from! but as I said" don;t be put of by the title of the link" i posted the link up to give the members of this forum a little insight intoAmerican trapping methods and as for this goverment they can go and FOXTROT OSCAR!!! sooner the better! sorry little rant over just spat my dummy out of my pram & to Acetrapper keep the photographs coming " a picture saves a thousand words" as Tawny said "we envy you boys over the pond" best regards & a merry Xmas Steve

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Tawney; It's Traps4Kids I'm a Donator. Dan Tanner's a good guy. In fact, I had one of their baseball caps for years, till I wore it to death. The footprint on that tradle reminded me of it straight away. That was their Logo ;)

Anyone wanting to watch what goes on over there might also want to check out my old friend Paul's place: TrapperMan.

Only Please: Read a Lot of postings on those sites and get a feel for their ettiquette before signing up and ploughing in. Those guys have differant sensibilities to this place :yes:

Hi D.S good site that Trapperman! adjusted my B.G dogs today so that they fire off quicker and are more sensitive ;loved the weasel box only if we could use some of thier traps here! learning all the time even at my age!Thanks D.S for your help about U.S game bags last nite ; have a great xmas best regards Steve

Hi D.S good site that Trapperman! adjusted my B.G dogs today so that they fire off quicker and are more sensitive ;loved the weasel box only if we could use some of thier traps here! learning all the time even at my age!Thanks D.S for your help about U.S game bags last nite ; have a great xmas best regards Steve

hi steve like you say "only if we could use some of thier traps here".

if only mate.

correct me if im wrong but ive been told snares are baned in some states of the usa ???

legal here and yet we cant use leg holds,and yet you see the pics of animals caught in leg holds ,sat there as if nothings happend.

they say the power of the jaws cuts blood suply off,then numbs the area,so cause no pain ??

so what would be the difference between a fox over here in a leg old or a snare :hmm:

Hi Tawny you really have opened a can of worms here now!!!!! Q 1~ I think that you might be correct! different states in the U S A have different laws bearing in mind that a single state is the size of the U.K maybe D.S can throw some light on this matter? Q2 leg hold traps were banned in this country in 1958~ginn traps [somebody correct me if I;m wrong on the year] nearly every trap in this country has to be covered with a tunnel/cubbie of some sort! it;s like being a one legged man in an a*&e kicking competion with your hands being tied behind your back due to all the red tape no matter which way you jump you lose!!! Steve

Hi Tawny you really have opened a can of worms here now!!!!! Q 1~ I think that you might be correct! different states in the U S A have different laws bearing in mind that a single state is the size of the U.K maybe D.S can throw some light on this matter? Q2 leg hold traps were banned in this country in 1958~ginn traps [somebody correct me if I;m wrong on the year] nearly every trap in this country has to be covered with a tunnel/cubbie of some sort! it;s like being a one legged man in an a*&e kicking competion with your hands being tied behind your back due to all the red tape no matter which way you jump you lose!!! Steve
If there was no red tape,what would you trap ,and what would you trap it with?
If there was no red tape,what would you trap ,and what would you trap it with?

red tape or not we can only trap rats,rabbits,mink,moles,weasels,stoats and squirrels and we can also snare fox.

thats the law.oh and mice :yes: