Mate first treat ferret with frontline or spot on, I prefer Frontline myself. Then clean out every think from hutch bedding etc, i would burn the bedding myself.

I use a wallpaper steam wallpaper stripper without the plate just the hose to clean corners of the hutch, but boiling water or a blow lamp as another lad suggested in post on cleaning hutch. Read pinned post by Rake About Ticks. atb

Cheers Arry

every so often i get a cheap flea spray and blast all the wooden joins of the hutch it never does any harm and ive never had fleas on the ferrets

Unfortunately they come with fleas ,didn't realise till yesterday .gutted .

Aye i got a couple of kits in a bucket with a wire lid dropped off and they brought a few friends along but anything new goes into quarantine so mine didnt catch them

Don't worry mate, every now and again you get them. On one perm the rabbits are loaded with fleas and there is another where we get ticks. Just treat the ferrets with Frontline ever three months no probs. atb.

Cheers Arry