Rabbit Stopper Barrel On The 2250Xl?

Hiya guys. Had my ratcatcher 2250 xl for about five months now. Took rabbit and pheasants with it over the months. Now yesterday I took it apart for the first time, and did a few internal bits to it. Nodded the valve, hammer spring and transfer port. Now I've heard that fitting the 2260 rabbit stopper barrel is a good mod to do, takes the barrel from 18" to 24". I did however read an article yesterday that did an experiment and a longer barrel was actually reducing power? Just wondering what your opinions are guys.

nah co2 longer barrel =more power from the end,ask any paintballer they like a bit of length :D .If you want the best of both worlds get the air conversion,comp air is far more power and not affected by cold unlike co2 which drops off the colder it gets.There,s various kits online and a Crossman owner,s forum with all the ins and outs of modding .My 2240 loves air and the adaptor for my paintball buddy bottle screws into the bottle cap at the front atb

The longer barrel will give more power as a rule . If the valves hammer springs ect are the same on both guns you will be fine as for becoming to powerful .The problem you have co2 has different power at different temperatures . You will have to check your guns power when it is warm when. The cost of pellets , chrono , barrel ,time messing about I would leave your gun as is, if you wont more power get a single shot pcp , or a good qualiy spring gun .

I do have a hw97k, and did have a daystate x2 but I found it hard work and had lots of issues. Mainly this gun is just a project and a bit of fun but I've taken plenty of game. Just trying to get it a bit closer to 12 ft.lb

to get closer to 12 ft lbs . You could mess with just the valve and hammer ect but you will use more co2 . T R Robb has all the information, springs ,valves , barrels ect or did have not looked on his site for years .If you want to start throwing your money and time down a hole thats the way to go . I had a steath years ago trying to get it working well bit of a night mare .In the end I got it to shoot fine but the gun had to be set a 10.5 ft lbs with average pellets .With very very heavy pellets it could still shoot at 12.5 ft lbs at some point of the power curve . After tins and tins of pellets pumping and pumping air into the gun . Letting air out also to test at different pressures . Testing testing and making different parts I worked out how a pcp works .So that was a good thing but never again .