1st Shotgun help

I will soon be on the look out for a Shotgun is there anything i should look out for or makes/models i should avoid?

i'm thing of getting a o/u 12g multi choke this will be mainly for phesants and may be the od rabbit

cheers fergie

if it only a game gun look at a lamber sporter,it had multi choke and there are a good gun .sounder

I will soon be on the look out for a Shotgun is there anything i should look out for or makes/models i should avoid?

i'm thing of getting a o/u 12g multi choke this will be mainly for phesants and may be the od rabbit

cheers fergie

Take a look on Guntrader.co.uk. You should be able to learn a lot by looking at the guns for sale.

cheers fergie

Go & have a couple of lessons see which is the gun to suit you :thumbs:

The most important thing with shotguns is fit, a poor fit leads to all sorts of problems including 'shooters love bite'. I assume you only intend to do game shooting and I'm not being cheekie when I ask, have you used a shotgun before?? if not I recomend you get down to a local clay club and get some practice, talk to the members and get a bit of advice.

As for what gun to buy this depends on your budget, I have a Miroku MK38 for clays and a cheap and cheerful LIG SbS for rough shooting. As someone has already said a Lanber Sporter is a good choice for £3-400.

Hope some of this helps and happy shotgun shooting. :D

The most important thing with shotguns is fit, a poor fit leads to all sorts of problems including 'shooters love bite'. I assume you only intend to do game shooting and I'm not being cheekie when I ask, have you used a shotgun before?? if not I recomend you get down to a local clay club and get some practice, talk to the members and get a bit of advice.

As for what gun to buy this depends on your budget, I have a Miroku MK38 for clays and a cheap and cheerful LIG SbS for rough shooting. As someone has already said a Lanber Sporter is a good choice for £3-400.

sorry but is that £3,400 0r £340 it just seen alot for a lamder

If I was you I would go to a reputable gunsmth that will be able to fit you for a gun...

last thing you want is to buy a shotties only to find it dosnt fit you..and bruises you everytime you use it.

Humbersude Shooting ground at Bransburton is a good lpace to go with a massive range of guns form £150 to £10k.....

it terms of makes.....most are OK...Baikel are ok.......but more agricultural for lobbing int he back of the landy and using roughly....

Fergie,I see you are in Kent, I would think you have a clay shooting ground near you,that does tuition, gun sales and gun smithing. I have a choice of two here,both within a 20 minute drive. Just get out the yellow pages,or if you know a CPSA member, borrow a copy of "Pull" off him,check the adverts. A lot of people think a shotgun is not worth owning, unless it says Beretta, Browning or Miroku on it. They are right I suppose, but there are also some cheaper guns about, which will do well for most folks. I have one of the previously mentioned Lanber Sporters, I had it new in 1989,and it still bangs away merrily. My son who is too mean to buy his own,frequently uses the Lanber when he comes to shoot clays with me. So, a 50 bird shoot is a 100 bird shoot for my gun. Apart from a broken firing pin,a broken ejector and a bit of locking mechanism detaching,it has been totally reliable.

You can have a brand new one for the price of a used Beretta or similar. You just have to decide for yourself, if you can find a ground where you can look through a selection of guns, try a few at a some clays and see what you like. Any small adjustments to suit you can be made,often on the premises. There are other "budget" guns also worth a look at, such as the new Webley range,Betinsoli, Rizzini,Laurona ,Midland etc

yes I shoot phesant every saterday with a razzni no sure if thats how you spell it, i'm in Beverley over christmas so will go take a look in Brandsburton also there is a big clay ground near me here in kent but its exspensive even for the little things cheers for the help