I decided to have a walk with the lurcher on some perm I have next door is a shoot as its the last day I knew they would shoot and beat the woods hence why I went watching close by has they flushed a lake when I say flushed waving flags shouting dogs chasing semi tame ducks that didn't want to fly and to cap it of shooters taking ducks that you could hit with a stick nothing sporting was shot from I saw is money ruining your job or is sporting shots still about

It's sometime just down to standards, I remember when they would refuse to shoot low birds, also when the shoot captain would bollock people for shooting low birds, or not breaking there gun, when they should, standards vary a lot I am afraid, now you see them putting extra drives in when birds, should be left to find a roost, there are still a majority of shots that operate to a decent standard I would hope,

I'm not a shooter but I have done a bit of beating in exchange for ferreting that shoot was run like a military operation and even though there not my thing I saw some good gun dogs work and some long retrieves but from I saw it was shoot as much as you can regardless if its sporting thing the other day and dogs running round quarting fields with handlers trying to get them back but like you say Darren standards

Yes but it's supposed to be enjoyable, not a competition to beat last years bag returns, it some times depends if the shoot captain owns the shoot, or is elected to run the shoot, the ones who own it tend enforce the rules more, ( probably beacause they wrote them) and the captains who are elected, pander to what the guns want, these tended to treat the beaters worse in my opinion, where the ones who owned the shoot, made you feel more valued, again in my opinion, but then neither is an excuse to shoot unsporting birds, at the end of the day we are all under the anti shooting spot light, and should all be good ambassadors to the sport,