Mazda Tribute

Been looking at few of these on eBay, found that it's approx 500 a year cheaper to insure than a forester but I don't know enough about them and never drove them, how to they compare to the forester off road, they don't have a low range box like the Subaru but apparently they have a diff lock that transfers 50% of the power to the rear wheels,

Are they worth a further look of is the forester a much better motor ?

Wouldn't hurt to try one. They look like they could be useful.

Alot of people slag foresters but I haven't had a problem with mine great motors, plenty of poke and are excellent off road the only down side is the ground clearance.

Only had mine stuck once and that was with every wheel off the floor ??

Wouldn't hurt to try one. They look like they could be useful.

Alot of people slag foresters but I haven't had a problem with mine great motors, plenty of poke and are excellent off road the only down side is the ground clearance.

Only had mine stuck once and that was with every wheel off the floor ??

I think them foresters are bang on, but the insurance is stupidly higher for me and what ever I buy will be my second motor where as the Mazda is a lot cheaper to insure

• 2 weeks later...

I got rid of my forester as the insurance was more than my bmw 330 for some reason ! I like the look of the Mazda more info would be good

I know they don't have a low range box but they seem to be half decent motors, I know insurance is a lot cheaper than forester for me