Advice Please Chaps,

Most people with 2 x 22lrs will either have one for the club and one for the field or one that is scoped for club / daytime hunting and another with a dedicated nv sight on it.

It's all about having good reason which is unfortunately a subjective matter. Some forces will not view dedicated nv as a good reason for duplicate calibres but some will.

So long as you have a valid explanation for wanting 2 slots for the same calibre you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Don't forget to put down your moderator slots for everything either.

what do you mean by moderator slots?

On your shiny new FAC there will be a section headed "Firearms authorised to be purchased or acquired."

It will have a "slot" for each firearm you are allowed to buy. Moderators are classed as firearms for this purpose, so you need to have a slot for each gun and one for each moderator. On your application put down that you want a moderator for each calibre you are applying for.

For example, in this section your FAC might have something like this:

22lr Rifle 1

22lr Sound moderator 1

17hmr Rifle 1

17hmr Sound moderator 1

You won't be able to buy one unless its on your FAC.

so i'll have

22lr moderated for vermin

22lr for club

17hmr moderated for vermin

17hmr for club

thank you for your help

chaps, page 4 is the last one to be filled in.

also would it be a good idea to send on a outlined google image of the permission and the grant of permission form when i sent it in

as the farmer has stated i can use what ever gun i want

Not quite right on the slots. If you were applying for 2 x lr's 1 x fac air and a hmr you would ask for the following slots (+good reason)

. 22lr rifle (target and day use for vermin)

. 22lr moderator (health and safety)

. 22lr rifle (night use for vermin)

. 22lr moderator (health and safety)

. 22 fac air rifle (vermin)

. 22 fac air moderator

. 17hmr rifle (vermin & occasional fox)

. 17hmr moderator (health and safety)

Each moderator needs its own slot and good reason for ownership.

A lot of forces don't recognise hmr as a target rifle due to the lack of non expanding ammo available and the fact that it's velocity exceeds most indoor ranges safe projectile speed limits. If you have an outdoor range that is deemed safe for it then you can use it at the club for zeroing etc. but to ask for a duplicate hmr for target use would look very suspect on a first application in my opinion.

Edited by Jax13

and the chances of them

give me

4x 22lr

and 2x hmr

and 2x air rifle

is very slim

evan if i show good reason

and the rifle club i'm in has got indoor high power range and outdoor range

You won't know till you ask, but I doubt it. 2 x 22lrs are quite common as people (like me) like to have 1 semi-auto and 1 bolt action for example.

As said, I'm not sure many clubs consider hmr as a target rifle.

I'd try for 2 x 22lrs, 2 x 22lr mods (though they will probably say 1 is enough for both guns), 1 x hmr and 1 x hmr mod to be getting on with. Ask the FEO on the interview about anything else as he can add or remove things from your wish list.

I'd forget the FAC airgun. I've never heard of one being granted for target use and once you've used rimfire, I doubt you'd ever want to use a poofy airgun again. Even FAC rated ones are for gaylords. :yes:

and the chances of them

give me

4x 22lr

and 2x hmr

and 2x air rifle

is very slim

evan if i show good reason

and the rifle club i'm in has got indoor high power range and outdoor range

No chance.

If you have full club membership you could potentially justify 4 x lr's if you can prove good reason. 25yd prone, lsr, turning target or gallery then maybe one for dedicated field use is justified but it's down to their belief of your good reason.

As I said before, 2 x hmr is just asking for them to look at you as inexperienced and asking for more than you need because they are not a target rifle (and you still may not be able to use them on the indoor range because of the range speed limits)

If you ask for a pair of lr, fac air and hmr its pretty standard plus you could then do a 1 for 1 variation down the line for another lr if you have a valid use for a third.

A 357/38 slot would be an idea as I would imagine they will be allowed on your indoor range (and again, it can always be changed on a variation later in the term of your ticket.)

to be honest i wouldn't need two hmr

but i have just spoke to my range secretary and hmr is valid to shoot there so could have one there but the chances of me useinh it is slim so might just go for the

3lrs

1 range

1 day vermin

1 moderated (nv)

1 hmr

i'm sending paperwork off tomorrow so tonight's my last night to fill it in