Job Vacancy.

Ha!. He broke into the vets one night (,vet was a anti). Phoned one of the lads up on the phone in their and said ,what do you want for your dogs ,at about three in the morning. He had a shit on the lab table .

He sounds like hes a right lad pablo.

My mate used to go lamping with this fella.

Just found this about podmore.

I think the part about the most famous poacher is a bit ott.

You heard of him pablo.

But the town has also created headlines in more recent times. Market Drayton was home to the UK's most famous poacher of the 20th century, Poddy Podmore.

He entertained the public for many years with a series of pranks and stunts. Such was his popularity, that there was even a fan club to him in Philadelphia called Pod's People.

Poddy was a self-confessed poacher and one of his most celebrated stunts was just before Christmas in 1977.

Dressed as Santa Claus, he climbed on to the roof of Shrewsbury jail with a sack of cigarettes and tobacco for the inmates.

For over an hour he bellowed "Merry Christmas" from his lofty perch and he only returned back to earth when a Green Goddess fire engine arrived with ladders to allow give prison officers and police access to the roof.

Poddy also gained notoriety by appearing in court dressed as a frogman after his infamous world frog swallowing record attempt in 1974, when he swallowed a live frog at a Market Drayton pub and washed it down with a pint of black and tan.

no don't think I heard of him. The don't make them like the yousd to ,that's for sure

Ha!. He broke into the vets one night (,vet was a anti). Phoned one of the lads up on the phone in their and said ,what do you want for your dogs ,at about three in the morning. He had a shit on the lab table .

He sounds like hes a right lad pablo.

My mate used to go lamping with this fella.

Just found this about podmore.

I think the part about the most famous poacher is a bit ott.

You heard of him pablo.

But the town has also created headlines in more recent times. Market Drayton was home to the UK's most famous poacher of the 20th century, Poddy Podmore.

He entertained the public for many years with a series of pranks and stunts. Such was his popularity, that there was even a fan club to him in Philadelphia called Pod's People.

Poddy was a self-confessed poacher and one of his most celebrated stunts was just before Christmas in 1977.

Dressed as Santa Claus, he climbed on to the roof of Shrewsbury jail with a sack of cigarettes and tobacco for the inmates.

For over an hour he bellowed "Merry Christmas" from his lofty perch and he only returned back to earth when a Green Goddess fire engine arrived with ladders to allow give prison officers and police access to the roof.

Poddy also gained notoriety by appearing in court dressed as a frogman after his infamous world frog swallowing record attempt in 1974, when he swallowed a live frog at a Market Drayton pub and washed it down with a pint of black and tan.

no don't think I heard of him. The don't make them like the yousd to ,that's for sure
No they dont pablo he was a 1 off my mate said for an older fella he couldn have run.very fit and strong man.

He said 1 day he was in the pub.

Throwing a brick in the air and headbutting it.

And then took his shoe and sock off and holding the brick at head height started dropping it on his foot numerous times

Just found this about him aswell.

and now we have Derek Podmore, 43, a self-styled professional poacher who sent a hoax bomb to the governor of Shrewsbury prison last Christmas and who was sent to the same jail last week for six months for his efforts. I have a hunch that Podmore, given full rein and freedom to his creativity, could be ranked on a par with Blake. Cromwell and Byron.

Let me quote the Daily Telegraph to give you some idea of this marvellous man's compulsions. 'Podmore, wearing a red carnation in his buttonhole, pleaded guilty 'to sending the dummy explosive to Mr Stephen Pryor. A card said "Start Christmas with a bomb." The previous year, Podmore — known as "Poddy" — scaled the prison walls dressed as Santa Claus and threw cigarettes to the prisoners.'

Apparently the hoax bomb was made of an alarm clock, electrical apparatus and two green candles, looking like explosives. Now I wouldn't say that Poddy's bomb hoax by itself would have been enough to put him firmly in the hall of fame, but, reading on, we find that Poddy has an interesting past. He once nailed himself to a tree with a six-inch nail in a protest outside Stafford court, and appeared in court in various modes of dress; and, furthermore, he was once acquitted of causing unnecessary suffering to a frog during an attempt on the world live-frog swallowing record.

• Like 1

Must have been a right rum fkr.funny enough ,the ferret, proberly knew about him, he done enough jail and in all them yards. He was once doing graft on a building site ,houses and clocked a few earths over the back and told a couple of the lads .the would take the piss ,and think he was messing .anyway the goes up and saw one earth but when over to a big wood further over.place was littered with burrows , most had been dug one time or another but the were getting used. Anyway the ferret took a couple of us weeks later, we was all part of the same knit.dog we lent of our mate was to ground for a few hours, big sandy bank.we was digging _,slogging away and next thing old charlie bolted out of the depths.was away. Anyway in the meantime ,the ferret had gone up to some sheds and took a shovel. We was back there a few weeks later ,ferret wasn't with us .a man who was another rum one was. Anyway some man came over who lived over there came to the burrow and was going on at him a little .when he went to go he grabbed at the mans shovel in his hand and says thats mine.the man with us was adament and woudnt give it him ,saying he brought it from home. Funny, he didnt know it was his. Hed get stopped by the fuzz and the start trying give him shit over hunting.theyd say .whats in the bag and hed have em at suspence then pull a dirty stinking fox net and put it in the face fast

• Like 1