First Go At Zeroing The New R10 Tonight.

Well first time at the range this evening with the new rifle, I think it went pretty well, however there are a few things I'd like to have a look at. The first thing I'd like to try and do is change the trigger pressure, I'm used to shooting 5.56mm and 7.62, it felt a little to light for me. Secondly I think I need to bring my sights down 1 click as I feel it's slightly high, however I wondered what your thoughts were about this especially when shooting at longer distances.

I've tried to attach a picture of the target, I know it's not brilliant, however it will get better, hopefully. This is two 5 round groupings from ten meters, I brought the target in to check after the first five and then sent it back out.

post-104224-0-83975600-1478983349.jpg

• Like 1

To be honest mate, air rifle is going to feel like a toy after what you've been used to.

However, accuracy is very important (assuming you're using .177), you're looking at a 4.5mm pellet traveling at just over 800 feet per second, hitting a very small target.

There's no spray and pray - Air rifles are very different. You'll probably want to zero at 27 - 30 yrds as it's a smaller, more precise impact.

You could do a lot worse than meeting up with Mac and Sean :thumbs:

Have fun and Atb.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to shooting from greater distances, I enjoy really concentrating trying to get the smallest group going. What I did notice was the slightest of movements sends the .22 pellet everywhere. Completely different ball game to what I've done previously but great fun, now looking forward to meeting up with others and picking up some good tips and knowledge ??

• Like 1

Not bad that Nelly ,now you need to do that at 27,,,30,,,40,,,50 60yrds

then you will be ready to hunt with a air rifle

the r10 is a bloody good rifle sean(vizlauk) my shooting partner loves them to bits

get your self up to the range with us and im sure by the time you will go home you will be hitting targets out to 60mtrs time and time again with ease .

iv put a post up for you on your other thread .

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1