clothing

ive always worn barbour jackets and theyve served me pretty well but there a bit uncomfortable after walking about lamping for hours and there not exactly breathable. everyone seems to have realtree gear for everything from ratting to following hounds by car these days.im wanting to get some new attire but theres so much choice in the catalouges such as deben.so what are you lot wearing when hunting?

A pair of jeans or tracksuit bottoms, thermals underneath, normal jacket...... The realtree is ok for when you need to be camoflauged, but when you see people walking about shows or daytime/lamping with dogs with it on, its like eh what you doing, whats the point...lol :).

I wouldn't fork out for any make or expensive clothing anymore because basically for what I do, I don't need it, footwear is the most important clothing to me, which I'm prepared to pay for... <_<

i know what you mean about clothing not having to be realtree but everything seems to be covered in it.most of the clothing in both fishtec and deben brochures only seem to come in realtree.ive tried to avoid it but i want a good waterproof jacket and trousers that can withstand the british weather.i do most of my hunting in tracksuits and trainers but the last couple of weeks on the moors lamping ive got soaked to the skin.last night i started lamping at 6.30,was soaked by 7.00.i changed lurchers for terriers at 10.00 and then did an hours rat lamping.i was wet through for hours. im just a skinny soft lad.

Guest Geordie
:lol:  Proper chava me mush... Honest van, there comfortable and offer freedom of movement, I don't mind them at all, prefer them to camo bottoms anyday.. :)

Yeah your right [bANNED TEXT] they are more comfortable,im gonna stick to wearing my full Army DPM,at the shows and country fairs :good::lol:

To be honest i find my 3/4 length wax cotton coat very good for the winter,tho i only wear it if it is cold and raining or snowing as i have to wear a fleece underneath it,you know how them wax cottons sap the warmth out of you.

Normally im wearing only a fleece with T shirt and comfy pants and boots,reason being im always on the move when im on my permish <_< and im normally moving pretty quickly dance.gif

Phil, I got an aigle coat back in October its great, so good that Smudge pinched it :lol: so I had to buy him one of his own <_< Has a fleece liner that you can take out. Think you've seen it before. Got it at Barney. The waterproof leggings he's on about are good too, only cost about £20.

Smudge was out on the moors with his coat (or should I say mine cos he still took the wrong one realmad.gif) on Friday beating all day, torrential rain and wind, you know what it was like. 8.00 am till 5.00 pm and it was bone dry inside. He looked like a drowned rat mind :lol::)

I wear deerhunter stuff have a look on there web sight have just got a nice new suit from the company called seeland its the extreme. but got to go with ian on the foot ware only the best will do. ps ian that aint fecking nike :p if you get a price on anything let me know i can usally beet it