Capture In A Wooden Barrel Mole Trap

They are actually good traps, I have one at my mothers. Used to use it every year. Can't remember a mole ever pushing it out the way like they can do to the more modern duffus style tunnel traps.

I know, what your getting at, mate ?,...but, to be honest, if a "modern duffus", is 'installed' correctly,...this shouldnt really happen ?

• Like 1

They are actually good traps, I have one at my mothers. Used to use it every year. Can't remember a mole ever pushing it out the way like they can do to the more modern duffus style tunnel traps.

I know, what your getting at, mate ?,...but, to be honest, if a "modern duffus", is 'installed' correctly,...this shouldnt really happen ?

Yep shouldn't happen but it does. Maybe we have clever moles up here!

Yep shouldn't happen but it does. Maybe we have clever moles up here!

Well, on a rare occasion, i have had a trap, shifted ?,.i suppose ? (pushed up, a bit),..when theres a severe, overnight dip, in temperature,usually ?,...& moley decides too 'tunnel deeper', shifting alot of soil ? (im "up here", too ! lol,...not too far away)

Out of interest how do the moles get killed in these barrel traps?

TC

The mole make's its way into the trap and dislodges the mubble pin (trigger)by that time the noose inside of the trap will enclose around head/shoulders of the mole.the noose is connected to the spring out-side of the trap. The spring is under tension so once the pin is triggered it pulls the noose closed.