Watched the video,s and now trying out my new catapult .I am getting the shots in line vertically with the bull but about an inch below all nicely grouped but low.When I lower my anchor point a little I then start to hit the top fork .I am shooting an SS4 Nick Hegarty catapult (very nice it is too ).Shooting through the forks side ways and held in a pinch grip .I am thinking maybe I am slightly leaning the catapult forward when I alter my anchor point causing the fork hit .Any one help out

Edited by smokie999

Ye that will be it mate. What I do is pre-tense the bands before you draw and try keep them level while pulling back. Rather than pulling back while the bands are slack as I think you'll tend to keep the catapult at whatever position it is when you start pulling rather than adjusting to keep it level.

When you raise your anchor point you are not adjusting your fork angle to compensate, one of the hardest things I struggle getting across to non catty folk, is the point your bands should be as near a 90 degree right angle to your forks before you fire,if you are firing gangster style, IE fork on its side, try drawing a line on the top band along the middle and make sure you can't see the bottom band, if you can see it twist your wrist a little until it's totally hidden by the top band here,s a pic of the line so you know what I mean

post-102539-0-35846500-1474987678_thumb.jpg

When you raise your anchor point you are not adjusting your fork angle to compensate, one of the hardest things I struggle getting across to non catty folk, is the point your bands should be as near a 90 degree right angle to your forks before you fire,if you are firing gangster style, IE fork on its side, try drawing a line on the top band along the middle and make sure you can't see the bottom band, if you can see it twist your wrist a little until it's totally hidden by the top band here,s a pic of the line so you know what I mean

drew the line on the band from the word go picked it up from gkj video and as far as far as can see I am doing every thing you say .I am bang on the vertical with the bull just need to get that bit higher without hitting the forks and it will be bulls eye.

drew the line on the band from the word go picked it up from gkj video and as far as far as can see I am doing every thing you say .I am bang on the vertical with the bull just need to get that bit higher without hitting the forks and it will be bulls eye.
if you hit the top fork, you need to tilt it slightly away from you,if your hitting the bottom fork tilt it back slightly something that happens to me that I can't really explain is the length of draw, I can use the same anchor and reference points yet find I,m much more accurate if I pull back past my ear in a semi butterfly style than if I just pull back to my anchor point, which for me is the end of my nose, as long as the bands pass the end of my conk the further back I pull the more accurate it seems to get, also don't try and be to pinpoint from the start, when you can hit a bean can at ten meters nine out of ten times, constantly, then start to reduce the size of target or increase the distance from the target and lastly the YouTube videos tend not to show you the hundreds of misses that get edited out, by the so called experts, goodluck and just keep practicing and more importantly keep enjoying it

I have been watching how I grip in the mirror and there was a definite tilt on the hand holding the catapult .Now altered my grip slightly bringing the whole catapult closer to my palm and that seems to have resulted in me holding the catapult more square on to target.Try again tomorrow and see if has cured the problem.Many thanks for all the tips

Well today has been a complete failure tried every which way but had a fork hit on just about every shot nearly destroyed the fork in only 2days .Tried leaning it forward then backwards no joy tried altering the pouch hold still no joy,tried a different grip and still had a fork it on just about every shot .The thing is when it did go right it wa quite accurate.At this rate I will be going through a new catapult every week lol.

post-103890-0-04596800-1475088215_thumb.jpg

Well today has been a complete failure tried every which way but had a fork hit on just about every shot nearly destroyed the fork in only 2days .Tried leaning it forward then backwards no joy tried altering the pouch hold still no joy,tried a different grip and still had a fork it on just about every shot .The thing is when it did go right it wa quite accurate.At this rate I will be going through a new catapult every week lol.

ouch, back to the drawing board, that's the downside to board cut catty,s, they don't take a fork hit very well, sorry to the man you bought it from but I would be inclined to take the bands off, buy a square meter of ply and use it as a template, cut yourself out half a dozen and you will be sorted, also may be worth changing the design of the fork tips so you can attach the bands ott instead of ttf on some of them, you will go through many styles before you find what's best for you, I always found ott easier to shoot but slightly harder to be accurate with, but you seldom get fork hits with that style as the ball is flung over the fork instead of through it, also some of the Chinese tube is nice, first you need to find the style that suits you, then when you master it, you will find your proficient with all styles, if your not comfortable cutting your own forks maybe a proshot bloodshot would be a good purchase, they are only £25 and come with universal forks which take flats or tubes ott and ttf also a good variety of hold styles, Chris/ known as catapult carnage does a good review of it on utube, lastly if your skint a nice hazel fork like the one in my pic is free and will take fork hits all day, good luck and remember it's meant to be fun

Will get there in the end .The thing is when not getting the fork hits I am quite accurate .

have a look at gamekeeper John webs own ppmg, it's covered in fork hits, so your in good company, I,m away for a week after today so won't be able to answer anything for a while but I bet you will be banging down targets by the time I,m back online goodluck
  • Like 1

tried again today and was different again good few shots in the bull still had a few fork hits but they are getting less .Good idea about the bloodsport model I may be do less damage to an alloy catapult

they may get a few dings mate but they won't snap and take your eye out like a ply model, also I would suggest you get yourself a roller cutter and a sheet of tbg from eBay,it will set you back around £10/£15 but you can cut as many different band sets as you need, and you won't be waiting on the postman everytime you snap yours, try different tapers and straight cuts until you find what's right for you
  • Like 1

Watched the video,s and now trying out my new catapult .I am getting the shots in line vertically with the bull but about an inch below all nicely grouped but low.When I lower my anchor point a little I then start to hit the top fork .I am shooting an SS4 Nick Hegarty catapult (very nice it is too ).Shooting through the forks side ways and held in a pinch grip .I am thinking maybe I am slightly leaning the catapult forward when I alter my anchor point causing the fork hit .Any one help out

I think your problem is not the grip, but a slightly unperfect release.

Be sure to hold the pouch on the ammo and don't to completely cover the ammo.

To your issue maybe is better to twist the pouch about 90 degrees.

Ay attention to hold the pouch straight and don't tweak it.

Try to open both finger simultaniusly when release.

• Like 1