Running The Dog.

joeb8866

Managed to get out on a local cycle trail with the sprog and my young busher friday evening, Being a one man band when it comes looking after my daughter a fair bit of my time i've been trying to think of ways of giving the dog a decent bit of exercise while still having Maisie with me too. She isn't as keen as me climbing around in brambles and woods and is slow on her own bike only being 5 ! So finding this half a bike which bolts on the back end of mine is problem solved and will be a godsend once the runner is introduced after christmas!!

Anyone else running bushers like this or are you just letting them do their own thing to get fit?

ATB JB

post-103082-0-95589000-1470653654_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nice photo Joe. My busher runs alongside the bike with my lurchers. It's deffinitely harder work for them to maintain the speed with their little legs, I can tell the busher is more knackered when we get back but she keeps up. I've clocked 30mph and the busher is never far behind. Runners usually overtake me at that speed. Lol.

I hope your daughter gets into it and takes to the field like my little girl has. You can have hours of fun with them and it's great bonding time.

• Like 2

What do others do in the summer to keep fitness up? Mines mad for ball so just been throwing it down steep hills and into water.

My terrier is relentless with a tennis ball. Or anything for that matter. She will retrieve tin cans or bottles off water all day long. It makes light work of keeping them ticking over in the summer...

7D3F6AC7-AC1C-46DE-A837-03E01004E1C3_zps

• Like 1

Nice photo Joe. My busher runs alongside the bike with my lurchers. It's deffinitely harder work for them to maintain the speed with their little legs, I can tell the busher is more knackered when we get back but she keeps up. I've clocked 30mph and the busher is never far behind. Runners usually overtake me at that speed. Lol.

I hope your daughter gets into it and takes to the field like my little girl has. You can have hours of fun with them and it's great bonding time.

I take the busher to some of the local mountain bike trail places and run her round them to get her fitness up she seems to cope well with the heat and there's usually streams and stuff on the way round! Hopefully with her following well, the lurcher will pick up from her without too much trouble following the bike.

Mate, this kid is almost as keen as me pestering me to come out all the time i think its just a matter of time before she starts tagging along once shes a bit older. Once i get the lurcher she can start coming for a look every now and again, shes twisted my arm to let her name it so god knows what will come of that but if it means she gets a bit of a bond with the dog, its all good! Waiting for the right litter to drop with the right mix for what i need !