First Grilse

Mattydski of here was fishing our beat today so I said I would meet him for a craic and try and get him into some fish .

Met him in the morning and there were a few fish showing so was confident him and the rest of his party would hook something even though conditions weren't perfect with bright sunshine

I went and fish a good pool on the beat above that was holding fish last night where I lost a fish about the 18-20lb as I was trying to beach it in the shallows .

Took him up to the top pool called Allan's and noticed fish showing showing in the batts pool above so left him to it and headed up for cast .....2nd cast with a small black Francis stripped across the top of run and landed this wee 3lb silver torpedo that gave a very good account of it self for its size .

Hopefully there's a few more come of the tide this afternoon

post-88284-0-53137300-1467811127_thumb.jpeg

• Like 10

Glad you had some sport !

One of our party lost a decent fish at the net to a failed leader loop, estimated at a double figure fish.

Another lad lost two due to losing hook hold early on. Plenty of fish showing.

Shame..

Thanks for popping up and showing us the beat.. much appreciated.

I was fishing with confidence, but couldn't convert what was a decent amount of showing fish, in to one on the bank..

I did manage a sea trout just under the pound mark and a parr and a wee brownie.

Still, there's always tomorrow..(back to te mighty Tay.) And the seasons been kind up to now!!

• Like 1

I took the young lad out last and got him into a fish first cast but he lost it a bit of lack of experience and over keenness ...I'm just from an hour on the pool plenty of fish showing but never had a touch try again tomorrow ...hopefully you get into something on the Tay ....there's a bit of rain tonight so that might stir things up a bit ......I've got MOrphie most of the summer so if you fancy a cast on there give me a shout anytime

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I took the young lad out last and got him into a fish first cast but he lost it a bit of lack of experience and over keenness ...I'm just from an hour on the pool plenty of fish showing but never had a touch try again tomorrow ...hopefully you get into something on the Tay ....there's a bit of rain tonight so that might stir things up a bit ......I've got MOrphie most of the summer so if you fancy a cast on there give me a shout anytime

Forgot to mention............ I lost 'Jaws' on the Tay (Murthly 2)... took me through a tree in the middle left over from the storm..Parted me from my 15lb leader. Hooked on a size 10 Gillies fly.

Ive changed to seaguar floro this season I've lost 3 big fish on maxima snapping ....ive been fishing that above Allan's this past few days with a few lads expected to see more fish after the water rose mid week and the nets were off since Friday ..a few grilse showing but they were just flying through ...hopefully get into a few this week .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4iVvqWYYMek

Tay is picking up again after a lull.

Got a Scandinavian fly lines Skagit for the vision, 8-9. not managed to quite get the right weight of T tips to work yet... mothballed till spring...

I rate all the Shakespeare stuff at present.

It was Seaguar 15lb I lost that monster on...

• Like 1