Bandit At 10 O'clock

Hey pesky not to piss on your chips because i do agree with small scale corvid culls where necessary,but couldnt you beef up the wire on your run to keep them out,preventions better than cure and all that,and tou cant watch it round the clock...

Yes, I think that will be inevitable. I have a roll of wire already but the run is 100 x 12 x 6 foot in size, a lot of wire.

Jackdaws don't seem to go for the eggs though, just the feed, spilled or otherwise.

All this expense and time, for some ducks that lay occasionally because they like sh*ggin so much and I don't eat many because plucking is such a time consuming chore.

great pesky, are you driving a series 3?

I am it's a 1972 109. Like riding in a horse and cart though

excellent - great choice of vehicle!!! ;) wouldn't swap mine for anything else!

I have a MK3 Metro as my daily driver, old cars are more reliable. But the Land Rover is a necessary truck. Thirsty, slow, unwieldy but essential for moving lots of stuff around and pulling big heavy things. Mine is ex-RAF, so it has a dial switch for the lights - for convoys etc where you can drive just with the back, or just the front, or normal so you can see and be seen

sounds great - I put a discovery 200 tdi in mine, loads of power and 30 mpg. runs on veg oil too in summer.

Hey pesky not to piss on your chips because i do agree with small scale corvid culls where necessary,but couldnt you beef up the wire on your run to keep them out,preventions better than cure and all that,and tou cant watch it round the clock...

Random, I'm off to Wilkinsons tomorrow, to get some strawberry netting. I think that will probably suffice. If I wrap it tightly it will look less crap. Should put them off a bit.

I did hang up a dead magpie, but it hasn't put them off.

great pesky, are you driving a series 3?

I am it's a 1972 109. Like riding in a horse and cart though

excellent - great choice of vehicle!!! ;) wouldn't swap mine for anything else!

I have a MK3 Metro as my daily driver, old cars are more reliable. But the Land Rover is a necessary truck. Thirsty, slow, unwieldy but essential for moving lots of stuff around and pulling big heavy things. Mine is ex-RAF, so it has a dial switch for the lights - for convoys etc where you can drive just with the back, or just the front, or normal so you can see and be seen

sounds great - I put a discovery 200 tdi in mine, loads of power and 30 mpg. runs on veg oil too in summer.

Not sure about swapping the engine. It would make more sense as 65 miles from a tank of fuel is a bit poor value. It is just, it is an old vehicle and I think this is the original engine.

I did get a veg oil processing kit a while ago, in readiness. We will have to see what the world decides on diesel engines now the smoke screen has been lifted.

I take my LR to Hebden Vintage Weekend and Leafers at T'pit, so you may have seen it. It is a scruffy blue pickup, very clampit-esque

ducklings%20008_zpsefgubd2l.jpg

3 Ducklings hatched this morning. Got some netting to put on the wire. Gaps in the existing wire are pretty tall but that's only 2" wide.

Don't know how a magpie would get through, but they do

I have my rifle with me whenever I go outside.

Random, I'm off to Wilkinsons tomorrow, to get some strawberry netting. I think that will probably suffice. If I wrap it tightly it will look less crap. Should put them off a bit.

I did hang up a dead magpie, but it hasn't put them off.

set a trap up pesky

it sends them mental and just nobble the little fu@kers when they come to inspect :thumbs:

atb si