Favourite Hunting Tubes And Ammo

Personally I shoot the best with looped 1842 and 9.5 Steel what do you guys use

I have been using tbg for the last year or so, but get a bit fed up changing them as they don't last long, so I have bought some 4mm natural latex tube from China, and am really happy with it, I have a few set ups and find the bigger the loops the bigger the ammo it will throw, I find a loop of one third is ideal for 10mm steel normal everyday use, were as a two thirds loop chucks 12mm leads nicely for hunting, also find it easier tying them than flats as I just put a 10mm peace of tube over long nose pliers and poke the tubing through round and back remove the pliers and it's done have started using it on flats as well and it seems to work great

Is it suitable to use marbels or rocks for hunting because I have ran out of steel balls

I would say yes to that mate,for thirty years that's all I ever used, never had the Internet, catty,s were all home made and ammo was whatever you could find,
Marbles yes but rocks will wreck your bands in no time.[/quote. ]. That's an interesting thought, but unless you are hitting the forks how does the shape of ammo make the bands last longer, not trying to be a nause but genuinely interested, I,m quite lucky as I can look out my window onto the foreshore of the Severn estuary so a wander with a bucket gets me loads of little round pebbles, also lots of people using hex nuts would that also reduce band life? I,m gradually moving more and more onto the thin Chinese style tubes as they do last loads longer than flats and there does not seem to be much difference in power, in fact by changing the loop size on the tubes you can alter the power or ammo size quite dramatically
  • Like 1

Rocks are abrasive and scratch your bands as you let rip.

Tbg is great performance wise but as said already they don't last long. My last set went at about 150 shots, which is about just enough for me to get used to the bandset!!!

I really like green 2050 tubing, it's cheap, reliable and consistent. Haven't had any snap on me yet, and I had around 500 shots out of my last 2050 set which snapped the pouch. It's a pain to tab them but as single tube they are about the equivalent of 20-25mm theraband singles.

For something stronger you are really looking at orange/green dub dub

I use looped 1745s with hex nuts and they last for ages. Tbg is a waste of money.

I,m starting to think you are right about tbg being a waste of money and as Johnny bravo says it's just when your getting going they snap, a lot of people seem to be moving onto natural latex sheet, over tbg, don't know what the pros and cons are ? I have been buying 4mm natural latex tube from China lately and I,m liking it more and more, have, nt had any break as yet and I,ve changed my flats twice in the same time on my other catty, I can't see any difference in performance either