Depends on what you are wanting it to do - some swear by it, and say it really helps with speeding up healing of soft tissue. Others say it has very little actual effect, and that same effect can be got just as easily from massage and physiotherapy - with the added bonus that you encourage movement, and avoid muscle wastage from lack of use.

Cheers for the info gents, acquired an ultrasound machine from a good mate to help treat a few niggles on the mutts alongside vet treatment, couldn't get hold of a magbox (controversial) as my vet said it would help,

Again, thanks for your input

Matt

I had it some years back on my shoulder, didn't do any good but it wouldn't when the prob was eventually diagnosed (vertibrea :D ) the psychological (at the time) effects were positive but don't think that would work with dogs lol

Cheers, D.

You're very unlikely to do any damage ( the strength of them is limited for use outside hospitals ) - and if you include some massage and physio, you are likely to be doing more than someone just resting the dog. If it does nothing more than make the dog feel better, it is still of some benefit, and if it does help the damage heal quicker, then thats always a bonus. Good luck with the treatment, and hope the niggles settle quickly :yes:

• Like 1