tunnel size mk1V fenn trap

You will work out the measurements you need by first setting your trap, this will give you the width, do not forget to allow for three quarters of an inch for the safety catch, then release the trap and you will have your height, allow about three quaters of an inch above that, the tunnel itself should be around two and a half feet long if it is going to be a run through or about eighteen inches if a dead end.

Hope that is of some use, do not forget to push a couple of sticks in front to stop larger and non target species entering the tunnel. 8)

You will work out the measurements you need by first setting your trap, this will give you the width, do not forget to allow for three quarters of an inch for the safety catch, then release the trap and you will have your height, allow about three quaters of an inch above that, the tunnel itself should be around two and a half feet long if it is going to be a run through or about eighteen inches if a dead end.

Hope that is of some use, do not forget to push a couple of sticks in front to stop larger and non target species entering the tunnel. 8)

Thanks forthat mole trapper

A simple 3-sided box made of 6" planks nailed together will make an ideal tunnel, I make mine about 18 inches long. Use the open side as the floor and you can bed the trap down in the earth nicely. Other tunnel making materials I have used are 6 or 7" drain pipes or natural ones made using logs, rocks or whatever is to hand at the site.

OTC

Hope that is of some use, do not forget to push a couple of sticks in front to stop larger and non target species entering the tunnel.

What mole trapper said :yes: but don't make the tunnel too tall, as fenn traps tend to throw the squirrels in the air when they go off. :thumbs:

Hi

Many thanks to everybody who took the trouble to reply.made 2 boxes out of plywood.18x7.5x7.5 and a 3inch square hole at one end,painted them dark oak fencelife,placed them near to trees i had seen squirrels in,about 2 metres away,well camouflaged,peanut butter and peanuts at the back of the tunnel and at the entrance,and bits of peanut butter on the approach,low and behold 1in each trap in less than 12 hours,i thought it would take a while for the paint smell to go it wasn't even dry ,and with the traps being new,but no their straight away,anyway thanks again for all the good advice.