30Ld Springer

That's our week finished we ended up with 13 salmon ....my mate had a crackin fish of 30lb on his 12ft loop cross this is his second 30 plus fish from this beat and has had some 40 plays and a 54 of the Alta in Norway

.... image.jpeg

Cracking fish mik does most of his reels go to the Alta river Norway region by any chance, and are they a copy of the Stan bogdan salmon reel.
  • 1 month later...

Sorry Mik the mans name is not Flemming that is his mate it's Murry Stewart he also makes the Bogdan style reel I believe.

Yes thats him ...there is a good article about him in Julys issue of T&S

When was it you fished Kinnaber ?....Im hoping to get back from Asia this weekend so will be fishing Kinnaber and Morphie for the next few weeks ....like you say its a crakin bit of fly water ...as good as it gets when theres fish enetering and the waters the right height ive had a few red letter days on it ....Had 53 for our week a few years ago

Mik I fished it about 12yrs back and had a nice fish about 15lb mark. I then fished the beat about 9yr ago, but the river was very low, and I never had a pull though it is a lovely bit of water. My son gets married on south Uist soon so Iam busy on the vice at the moment as we have 2 days booked on the sea trout, and salmon lochs, and 2 days at the brown trout on the machair lochs

He is not too bad on the vice him self ....He has a credible theory that the bigger fish feed on sprats and other small fish and once they get to certain size they wont bother with small crustaceans when at their feeding grounds ....which makes sence ....he often fishes big flies 6" monkeys and bigger and you cant argue with the results ....that 54lb Alta salmon was some fish .

If you are ever up this way again give me a shout ....good luck on your trip some stunning lochs and scenery over that way

'

Thanks Mick. The flies I tied were for the other lads that we're on the Norway trip. Last year on the Orkey I had 4 fish, as well as loads of pulls, 1 fish weighing over 20lb on a 4 inch posh tosh temple dog, I hadn't been feeling well and didn't get back out in the afternoon so I gave the fly to another man who had 3 in the afternoon all teenagers to. I thought I had tied the perfect fly lol I have never had another fish or even a pull on the fly since lol

• Like 1