I've got a pretty old table sawin my garage that I don't use and I need rid of TBH as it takes a fair bit of room up. Is anybody on here clued up on old tools? I've no idea if it's worth anything or not as I got it given so if I can sell it I'll just give the money to the old guy that gave me the saw, it's far to nice to skip it but it takes up a fair bit of room and weighs a lot!

Cheers ant

I'll get a pic when I get home

• Like 1

I've got a pretty old table sawin my garage that I don't use and I need rid of TBH as it takes a fair bit of room up. Is anybody on here clued up on old tools? I've no idea if it's worth anything or not as I got it given so if I can sell it I'll just give the money to the old guy that gave me the saw, it's far to nice to skip it but it takes up a fair bit of room and weighs a lot!

Cheers ant

I'll get a pic when I get home

I am the same boat, a sucker for taking old machines because i can't bear to see them scrapped. Got a huge three phase cast iron multi woodworking machine taking up the whole end of my garage looking for a good home. Also last week bought a monster Wadkin Bursgreen BGA 150 over & under belt sander that was taken out of the workshop at my work, gave my boss £50 for it. Thinking of making a belt grinder out of it but with a 5.5kw three phase motor and rollers that take a 6" belt it's possibly a bit overkill. :blink:

One of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WADKIN-BURSGREEN-BGA-150-UNDER-OVER-BELT-SANDER-/291735983547?hash=item43ecd1d5bb:g:hucAAOSwy5ZXDPoA

• Like 1

Substantial looking saw. Brook motors are the bees knees. If you can't get rid of it and decide to break it up you would get a decent price for the motor on fleabay. Probabally more than the saw with the motor left in it.

Only one on there just now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brook-Single-Phase-240v-Electric-Motor-1hp-1460-RPM-with-4-Step-Pulley-/231911509561?hash=item35ff00ce39:g:2PEAAOSwJQdXDRaH

I had to clear out a carpentry workshop recently, and there was a simular saw to that one in there, the main problem I had selling it was the fact it was 240v and you are not allowed to use it anywhere, I flogged it for fifty quid in the end,it went to someone else's garage,for home use