Ivermectin Injection

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY, WAY too much!!!! Half a mil is probably too much, even for a big, heavy terrier.

0.15 ml to 50lb in weight fella.

I use quarter mill for terrier half mill for lurcher . Dont use with sheepdog in the mix . Mill and half your dog will be doing back flips way to much . Possibly kill it .

So the vet jabbed the dog, then you jabbed the dog...why do you need a third jab? Why dilute Ivermec, and give a bigger dose? Why not just give a correct dosage without diluting it?

Poor dog.

Anyways, where is the dog sore? Is it chattering above its tail?/ back end until red raw?

Yes mate been good few month. She doesn't really chatter lost hair around neck under the chin

Aahhh.. Right.

Well, this is what I'd do if it were mine. I'd forget the invermec. What you might find is that soil particles are irritating the dog's skin. There's only one way to treat this. Everytime the terrier has been to ground shower the soil out of her skin. But, in the mean time; buy some Camrosa oil, buy the full kit. Shampoo the bitch a couple of times a week for two weeks and apply the oil to the red areas from the start. Massage it in. A jar will last you ages. I would be very surprised if this doesn't work.

http://www.camrosa.co.uk/

Forget the silly ivomec, and if I were you I'd change your vets....

• Like 2

The dose for ivemectin is for cattle and sheep,so has it is not licenced for dogs the correct dose is not stated.the reason why collie dogs cannot be treated is their membrain on their brain is damaged by ivemectin,I have treated terriers And lurchers with no problems would only give 2 jabs 2weeks

Yes voon seem to be working

If you use ivomec cattle injection at a strength of 1%, the dosage would be 1mill per 100lb or 1/10ml per 10lb. Inject at 14 days to break the life cycle. Don't keep dosing every 2 weeks because it has a cumalative effect over a short period of time. Dosage for sarcoptic mange is 300 mg per kilo.

• 3 weeks later...