Lamp Shy Rabbits

Here's a little bit of food for thought:

I've lamped a place local to me for as long as I can remember. My Uncle took me there and I inherited it from him. There were a couple of other lads going on there as well, but only messers with shit dogs. By the time Chritmas had been and gone all the bunnys were lamp shy as hell and you rarely got two runs in the same field. In the end it was hardly worth the trip, but you know what it's like when you're keen. :D I had a dog called Jack at the time and he was fairly Ok at the dazzling game, but the bag on this patch was down to one or two at the most, such was the way of things. Then one night the wind was that powerful i wondered if the dog would be able to run against it. I mean the trees were creaking from their roots and it was like the whole world was going to blow away. No sane man would have been walking through that old woodland at some unGodly hour in the morning. As it was, I wasn't sane back then, so I was there with my brindle dog, Jack, at my side. To cut a long story short i think we managed ten rabbits from ten runs on only a couple of fields. Every rabbit was squatting and they just didnt want to move. It was as if they were green again. But of course, they were still lamp shy the next time I went and the conditions weren't 'perfect'.

So the weather does have a massive bearing, but then again, if we waited for perfect weather, strong wind and the like we'd only be out twice a year! :thumbs::victory:

post-16-0-26511700-1456516463_thumb.jpg

• Like 6