New to Board

Guest Dan Grimes

Guest Dan Grimes

Hello all. I'm from the USA. The state of Ohio. I just found this board and from what I have read it sounds interesting. On a lot of it i am lost as our cultures are not the same. Your way of life sounds like a lot of fun though. A lot of the ways you hunt are against the law here but I wish they weren't. Well anyway, I am 56 years old and have done a lot of hunting and trapping in my life time. I don't do nearly as much as I used to because I am older, tireder, and I still have to work for a living, so I also don't have the time I would like. I used to have coon hounds and coon hunted nearly every night during season. I used to trap fox and muskrats. I don't do that any more because I can't and work too. I owned a few ferrets some years back but i didn't do much of that because it is against the law here. I used to hunt squirrels with a JRT, but I had to put her down do to her age and now I hunt squirrels with out a dog. I do own and hunt beagle dogs on cottontail rabbit. I hunt whitetail deer, but not with dogs as that is not legal in the state I live in. In some parts of the USA it is though. We are not allowed to put ferrets or terriers down holes for rabbits. We are allowed to do that for fox though, but I don't know of anyone who does. Most of the fox hunters around here hunt with foxhounds and if they do have a terrier they only use it to bolt the fox so their hounds can track it again. They don't kill any. It is all done for the chase. Anyway I am looking forward to following this board as it is a whole different life style than what we live. Dan