Travelling To Nz

well dont take my word on this but there quarranteen laws are a lot stricter then ours. i think dogs need like a pet passport and then they have to stay in airport quarranteen for 6-12 months whilst they do there checks at your expense. only what i picked up watching border control on sky haha looks a very expensive process once add there flights and paying for the quarranteen at the airport

Just a quick post to see if any one out there knows the ropes in transporting dogs abroad particularly New Zealand. Thinking of going there for a while, but not without the hounds... Any info would be appreciated.

Sniffer

I will tell you but only if I can visit!! Will get my old man to look into it D. We have just done all this for getting his dogs to Oman.

• Like 2

You have to start the process here in the uk with your vet 12 to 6 months in advance to sort your rabies jabs out and pet passport, then on the run up at various points you have to get official blood tests done, fill out loads of forms, then once you fly the dog has 10 days quarantine in new Zealand and then it's 10 days and you can get out hunting with it.....

Will be costly though.

• Like 2

You have to start the process here in the uk with your vet 12 to 6 months in advance to sort your rabies jabs out and pet passport, then on the run up at various points you have to get official blood tests done, fill out loads of forms, then once you fly the dog has 10 days quarantine in new Zealand and then it's 10 days and you can get out hunting with it.....

Will be costly though.

Nice one, I have read somewhere about the 10 days quarantine once there, I can't think for one minute its gonna be a cheap process, but I'm sure as hell not leaving them behind... Thanks for your input!

Just a quick post to see if any one out there knows the ropes in transporting dogs abroad particularly New Zealand. Thinking of going there for a while, but not without the hounds... Any info would be appreciated.

Sniffer

I will tell you but only if I can visit!! Will get my old man to look into it D. We have just done all this for getting his dogs to Oman.

Kettles on!

Sniffer

Kettles on!

It better be a big kettle . . . .