Got A Question!

Right here goes . . . .

A few months ago I applied for my FAC, and it was granted. I already hold an FAC and have done for years. When I applied for the FAC, I asked for a .17HMR and the guy came out and passed a couple of farms for it for shooting foxes in lambing fields (close range and small fields).

Anyway, I have yet to buy a rifle. . . . . and in the mean time have moved and started a new job. Need a rifle for the same thing, only now the ground is very very different, the fields are much large, and the ground s much more 'shootable'. . . .I feel that a larger calibre rifle would be more suited for the job.

Whats the chances of ringing the folk in my new area (Hants) and asking them to upgrade my ticket at this point?

Cheers.

If you have the reason for a new, larger or more powerful calibre then just submit a variation as normal.

It would be a "one for one" variation, so it would be free, if you didn't want the HMR as well. If you want both, then a variation plus £20.

It may be wise to include a covering letter explaining your rationale for the change and your change in circumstances.

Send it directly to the firearms team, don't worry about going through the FEO first, it wouldn't be his/her decision in any case :thumbs: