Working Dog Vests: Does Anybody Use Them Or Know Where To Get Them?

Has anybody ever seen/used, or know where to get a lightweight and waterproof vest for workng lurchers? I spotted one on a photo in a countrymans weekly article months ago but have no ide where to get them!

My ferreting dog has a short flat coat and get cold pretty quickly when its wet and he's waiting around while i'm netting up for while waiting for bolts. The vest thingy i saw in the countrymans popped into my head the other day and ive trawled the internet but cant find one!

• Like 1

Find a what fella !! He's had a coat since he was a pup and ran all wether and terrain be it moors or thickets open fields to mountain sides and never been snagged up once our Molly don't wear hers when she's working so why sprout shit about getting a different dog cos he has a coat never heard sutch utter bollocks, leegreen I'm a bit disappointed with you there like always thought you were ok

• Like 1

I've just got our blade and Molly one of these image.jpeg image.jpeg

From B&M £5.99

Blade also has a wax coat think it was £15.99 from vets

image.jpeg

Thanks

I've got him a similar jacket for when we're having a mooch about in the pissin down rain. I thought it might snag in cover, but if u say yours has been ok i'll give him a try in it.

Look like a snagging nightmare.

I'd like to keep one of mine warm, but not at the risk of those. You need to find a more suitable dog or take it out when the weather is suitable or where there is no cover, imo.

Not going to get a more 'suitable' dog, he'a not a pair of trousers! ha!

He's very suitable for his work, he just gets cold standing around in the rain like most of us and our dogs.

Not entirely sure how to take your comment but thanks anyway

• Like 2

If our blade gets any more of a thinner coat gaz mate he'd be bald like me lol , I do understand the point just think it could of been worded a bit better sounds like leegreen was saying get ride of a good dog cos his or her coat is thin ' but I bit canny fast so for that I do apologise Gaz leegreen sorry fellas

• Like 2

Find a what fella !! He's had a coat since he was a pup and ran all wether and terrain be it moors or thickets open fields to mountain sides and never been snagged up once our Molly don't wear hers when she's working so why sprout shit about getting a different dog cos he has a coat never heard sutch utter bollocks, leegreen I'm a bit disappointed with you there like always thought you were ok

:laugh: I am ok ...well sort of ok.

I weren't saying get rid of your dog, I was stating imo (in my opinion).

And if you haven't heard such "utter bollocks" you ain't reading much on here :laugh::laugh: .

Sorry I disappointed you mate, I'll try and be a little less opinionated in the future. Maybe that's why I have loads of dogs :icon_eek: .

Atb mun.

• Like 1

:laugh: I am ok ...well sort of ok.

I weren't saying get rid of your dog, I was stating imo (in my opinion).

And if you haven't heard such "utter bollocks" you ain't reading much on here :laugh::laugh: .

Sorry I disappointed you mate, I'll try and be a little less opinionated in the future. Maybe that's why I have loads of dogs :icon_eek: .

Ok mate I'm sorry too I'll try not to bite straight away can't help it sometimes lol and your better than ok ok

Atb mun.

• Like 1