Kalibrgun Cricket On The Rats.

paulk73

Went out to one of my perms last night on the look out for some rats. I'd been up a couple of hours earlier and sprinkled some barley out in some well worn areas that had previously held rats. On the way up the drive I looked for my first 2 piles of bait, but they had completely gone. As I drove past the third pile I saw 4 rats munching down. I drove up to the yard and spoke to the farmers son in law. I then walked back down with the torch on and 1 sat there eating away not a care in the world with the torch light on it for 10 seconds. I got sorted out in the yard and had a look at another patch of bait. There was a rat 2 meters behind the pile. He was the first to go down. Only 15 meters away. I then went down the drive way in the car with the lights off. Sure enough when I turned the engine off, and the nv kit on, the rats where back. About 25 yards away. I pulled the trigger. 1 rat rolled over and the 1 behind flipped about and finished up in the puddle at the bottom of the bank. Only my second ever double kill with 1 pellet. I didn't wait long for another to show up. He got the good news with the aa field. I went back into the yard, and shot another by a gateway next to another pile of bait. Then I took two from the bottom end, and some from under the pallets under the feed trough. Then I went back down the drive and took 1 more from there. I finished the night on 12. Not a bad evening.

Tried to upload the pictures, but it's saying they are too big.

• Like 2

Charlie caller. On this particular perm it just doesn't work!!!!!. I've used it on other perms to good effect, but on this 1 barley is the 1. I had little blobs of runny chocolate and peanut butter baits out for days and they never got touched???

• Like 1

Paulk

You need an image hosting site like imgur or something similar then you upload to that site and copy a link and paste in your thread.

Forums don't have enough band width to host big pictures.

Good write up mate can't wait for the pics

Edited by Durham John

Paul the links work !

is there not a link in dropbox something along the lines of "direct link or bb board forum link"

that would let the forum auto insert pictures in the thread rather than an external link

two images one on dropbox one on imgur process the same to upload and share but diff outcomes

just answered my own question, lol theres just a share button in drop box so you just get a link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc618mvzfs76sfh/target%202.tif?dl=0

86lIPGN.jpg

Edited by Durham John