brufen

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Yeppers - and I just read the other post / thread too - my own opinion would be that, if the Dogs 'just' " Hurt it's shoulder " ? Get over it. It's not worth messing with the entire Dog. Certainly not with Ibuprofen.

Guy once turned up on here - or another board? - some years back. His Dog had Wrecked itself and was exhibiting signs of extreme discomfort. He was asking about the medicine cabinet too. There was some genuine reason why he Had To wait till morning to get that Dog help and I suggested he might dare try a 1/4 of the minimum human dose, just the once. (Ok, frankly, I was thinking of this poor, stressed out as f*ck guy as much as the poor Dog. He was going to pieces)

But our own Kye's good lady turned up and shoved me aside and told this guy, in no uncertain terms. No Way do ye give that shit to Dogs. I wasn't going to argue then and I won't now. I've had a long time to think about it:

If nothing's busted or poisoned? The Dog'll live till he can get it proper pain relief. If the Dog Is busted or poisoned? 'Pain Killers' won't help. Poison that Dog by meddling ....?

With eternal grattitude to "Cooner " for teaching an old Dog ;)

my mates pointer has hurt her shoulder,hes asked me to put a forum up,does anyone know if its safe to give brufen and what doses would you recomend if so?? thank for your time folks,much appreciated :thumbs: happy shooting
Hello mate, just give the dog some good old fashion fuss little drop of milk maybe and a nice warm comfey bed it will defo take its mind of its shoulder save the drugs for yourselves man

All types off physical trauma require recuperation and REST. Masking the symptoms as we tend too do with ourselves over stresses the injured tissue. Have patience and allow the dog too rest. How many off us hae a back twinge, grab the packet and knock some back, we don't listen too the pain message.....only too really do an injury(like my f-----g knee) all it may need is rest..remember the sheeep in " It shoudn't appen too a vet" it works, rest is the greatest healer, watching them hurting is hard too do though and thats wher the care comes in.

• 4 weeks later...

you can try an anti-inflammatory gel , that will be fine to massage into the dogs shoulder , any chemist will sell it and go for the low strength one

ive used it loads of times and works a treat

or if you can get it tensolvet gel from a dog supplies store , and another good aid is a mag-box , great piece of kit