'fur Mommies' - A Pain To Lurcher Owners?

I got chased down the road while biking with the lurcher by an old woman shouting for me to stop a couple of years ago,she started going on about how I was going to kill the poor dog,I told her that the fat spaniel she was walking needs to lose weight and rode off.

I also keep my dogs chained which leads to the odd comment.

• Like 1

I've been told it's illegal to have dogs on chains and that it will make them aggressive :blink:

Really boils my piss actually because my dogs have more freedom and space on their chainspots than they would in a kennel and the same folk that say it's cruel probably think nothing of locking their dogs in a crate all day while they're at work :no:

• Like 2

I've been told it's illegal to have dogs on chains and that it will make them aggressive :blink:

Really boils my piss actually because my dogs have more freedom and space on their chainspots than they would in a kennel and the same folk that say it's cruel probably think nothing of locking their dogs in a crate all day while they're at work :no:

This is a very good point, a 15 ft long chain gives a dog 706 sq foot of space to move. For the same area you would need to build a kennel that was 20 ft wide and 35 ft long. Good luck finding the coin the build a kennel that big for multiple dogs

• Like 1

This is a very good point, a 15 ft long chain gives a dog 706 sq foot of space to move. For the same area you would need to build a kennel that was 20 ft wide and 35 ft long. Good luck finding the coin the build a kennel that big for multiple dogs

Yep :yes: not knocking lads that keep their mutts in kennel setups, there's plus points to both kennels and chainspots but chainspots definitely have the edge when it comes to space and freedom.