Me and my mate catch loads - lovely curried !

After discussing it with the local Angling Association, they let us use their water, with no additional permits, as long as we only use hand lines or drop nets.

Because we're not using traps, and our equipment is never left unattended, we don't need a permit from DEFRA.

• Like 1

The effect on the signal crayfish population as a whole is neglible, and its too late to save native species but I'm not one to say no to a free dinner !

They're lovely on the barbie, too ! We take enough for dinner and leave the rest for another day........

Biggest we've had was around 10 inches in length.

Edited by Blackbriar

Top tip for anyone giving it a go........

Use a damp sack to transport them home alive. It's illegal to transport them in water, and if you dispatch them on the bank, they can become toxic really quickly.

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1

Great link,very informative,would mark as, like this but apparently i have reached my quota of positive votes for the day.How many am i allowed?this is the message (You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day)

Edited by woodman

Good article here.

TC

Great link,very informative,would mark as, like this,but apparently i have reached my quota of positive votes for the day.How many am i allowed?this is the message (You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day)
Edited by woodman
  • 7 months later...

I've got a couple of rivers full of them on my permissions and am a little partial to them. My ex is a Swede and being a favourite dish of theirs, I'm more popular than when we were together! Best to purge them in a tank of oxygenated and filtered fresh water for a day or two.

post-103103-0-29018900-1464602196_thumb.jpgpost-103103-0-44857000-1464602197_thumb.jpgpost-103103-0-88845700-1464602448_thumb.jpg

Edited by foxtrotoscar
  • Like 2