Pups First Rabbit

My pups only 3 and abit months so she's still got plenty of growing to do. Only just started taking her out ferreting just a light bimble. Thanks for the replys fellas.

wish I could find the picture of my bitch as a pup when I took her ferreting the bag was bigger then her lol she eat all the heads off the rabbits lol

Hi all I'm new too this had terriers for years worked hard . But never had lurcher got 5 month old collie greyhound that's 21 inch at moment took out ferreting she caught 2 young rabbits and retrieved to hand also she's started setting .. I've took her out 3 times on the lamp only letting her run sitters just wanting to no if I'm doing the right thing or am I rushing her ?

No mate that too early for 5 month old let her be a pup for while yet or you'll likely sicken her.

Entering the most important part of young lurchers life. Get it wrong and it'll be yapping, pulling up, picking it's runs.

No rush mate plenty time for catching rabbits after winter.

Hurlock

• Like 1

It's all down to the owner its never bothered me starting them young and I've never had a dog yapp yet I've seen dogs started late and they have yapped pure frustration like I say its down to the owner we all do it diffreñt atb malc

• Like 1

Well mixed reviews we all no best well you all think you do maybe I should do it my way cos I came on here for advise but I've forgot more than half the clowns on here it's so funny that you can call yasen dog men I would lose half ov you on a good walk never mind working dogs come on lads get agrip some ov you no your shit the rest ov you ain't got a clue but never mind keep going especially big bad wolf lol

• Like 1