THE MISSINFORMED LEADING THE UNEDUCATED?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Putting a direct link will show his stat software - if he has any - where all the new views have come from. Then that'll lead the uneducated little sod back here. Then this place ends up on his site and we get yet More idiots signing up here to learn the Real inside track on where traps are set.

Always better to provide a link with " Htt*://www.sillySite.com and let people copy / paste that to their browsers, replacing the * with the p.

Just so's ye know, anyway.

What a prize prick!

Did you read the part where it said: Whilst you don’t need a licence to own or use a metal detector in the UK, there are stringent laws about its use. It’s illegal to use one on private land without prior permission from the owner.

Yeah right can you imagine it?

Scruffy bunny hugger knocks on the land owners door to ask permision to go onto his land to remove the traps & snares that the land owner has paid someone to put there in the first place?

If I ever caught anybody after our traps/snares on our bit of permission, We'd stick there detector so far up his ass, that it would only pick up his fillings!

Putting a direct link will show his stat software - if he has any - where all the new views have come from. Then that'll lead the uneducated little sod back here. Then this place ends up on his site and we get yet More idiots signing up here to learn the Real inside track on where traps are set.

Good point ditch, but when you google the word "RABBIT'' in their images section and you see pics of rabbits caught from snares, longnets systems, rabbits that have been shot ect ect and all these have direct links back to THE HUNTING LIFE, it seems a little bit late to be worrying where the idiots are coming from.

On a more serious note though, dont you think those that are a little more clued up in the anti world will all ready know about sites such as this one? dont you think they allready have sleepers on this site AND OTHERS, just watching and recording whats said and copying pics of stuff to be used in their compaigns againsts fieldsports?

its easy to see how they do it, watch this.

LOCAL TERRIERMAN FOUND GUILTY OF ANIMAL CRUELTY

After digging out a pregnant vixen, he preceded to bash the poor defencless animals head in with a large club

post-29-1194609326_thumb.jpg

To stop this illegal activity call 0800 123456 TODAY AND MAKE A DONATION.........

OF COURSE THIS IS A MOCK UP OF HOW ONE PICTURE HAS 2 MEANINGS. THIS IS A PIC I LIFTED FROM THE SHOOTING SECTION ON HERE WHERE IT WAS SHOT LEGALLY WITHIN THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY.

And before anyone trys to rip me a new arsehole for this, its just my way of trying to show some of the more nieve members how their posts can be misused. which getting back to ditches comment, i dont think a counter from his site will do us anymore harm than we are doing ourselves. :thumbs:

Edited by mole catcher
Guest Ditch_Shitter

I agree entirely, MC. We're definately singing from the same sheet here, mate. I don't display shots of dead things for this precise reason. Put simply; If the Anti's need images of dead animals to throw back at me? Fine. Let them go make some animals dead and photograph those. I've always been most fastidious in not giving the idiots a shred of 'easy life' material. Never will. And I don't swallow the 'Others are already doing it.'. Others and idiots do a lot of things I still won't do.

But, hey ho; " Born to Hunt ", " F*ck the Ban ", " Pre Ban ", " Retrieving ". Reminds me of that footage from the war. Jewish chap digging furiously to make himself a nice little grave while his Nazi murderer waited by. All done, he stood smartly to attention at the foot of his hole as the gun was leveled at his chest. This lot often remind me of that guy.

Digging their own graves as very best they possibly can. Then standing there, waiting for it. As if they think it's good.

Oh well.

by putting that link on here,it's only added interest in the knobs site.

and we all know who's looking in on this site,dont we ?

they may never have found it but it's now here on the hunting life for every body to see

:(:(

do us nothing but bad i say

by putting that link on here,it's only added interest in the knobs site.

and we all know who's looking in on this site,dont we ?

they may never have found it but it's now here on the hunting life for every body to see

:(:(

do us nothing but bad i say

Are you suggesting that untill i put that link up that they, the other side would have not heard about the hunting life?

if this is the case i think you are being a little nieve as to how the antis work.

I suggest anyone on here google search the word "RABBIT" and have a look at how many links for the hunting life there are on there. then google "hunting" you will be surprised at what you will see.

I suggest to anyone who for one moment thinks that the antis wont have heard of this site to visit a few of the antis sites and try to grasp some of there meathods of gaining information and i bet it will make you think twice about the things you post on here.

suggesting that if we talk in whispers the antis wont know of our exsistance, is a bit like telling a boxer his oponant wont hit back.

this is why we will lose the fight for our way of life, they are fighting an attacking game where we on the other hand are fighting a defensive game. If more of us had shouted louder in the past rather than trying to plicate the masses we wouldnt be in the mess we are today.

Guest JohnGalway

I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing about the anti's on here. If people who complained about them so vehemently put half as much effort into putting out pro hunting ideas into their own local communities it would produce much better results. I'm also sick of people continually banging on about lads who shoot foxes. Like has been said it's legal. Posting pictures here is also legal, neither is it against the site rules.

Stop the infighting and spread the good word, and for God's sake, stop worrying so much!

I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing about the anti's on here.

SO IF WE BURY OUR HEADS IN THE SAND THEY WILL GO AWAY WILL THEY?

If people who complained about them so vehemently put half as much effort into putting out pro hunting ideas into their own local communities it would produce much better results.

SO POSTING SAUSAGE SHOTS WILL PROMOTE HUNTING IN THE BEST WAY TO SWAY FENCE SITTERS?

I'm also sick of people continually banging on about lads who shoot foxes. Like has been said it's legal. Posting pictures here is also legal, neither is it against the site rules.

WHOS HAVING A GO AT THE FOX SHOOTERS? YOUR RIGHT, IT IS LEAGAL AND DIDNT I SAY THAT IN MY POST? YOUR ALSO RIGHT, ITS NOT AGAINST THE SITE RULES, NOR IS TRYING TO EDUCATE FOLK TO WHAT WERE UP AGAINST.

Stop the infighting and spread the good word, and for God's sake, stop worrying so much!

MY INCOME DEPENDS ON FOLKS ATTITUDES TO HUNTING/TRAPPING SO YOUR TELLING ME TO STOP WORRYING? TELL THAT TO MY KIDS AT CHRISTMAS. BECAUSE A LAW IS PASSED DUE TO PUBLIC PRESSURE AGAINST WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING SO THE PUBLIC DONT WANT MY SURVICES.

whos infighting? i thought we were just having a debate? if you look back at whats been said thus far i think you will see its been done in a well mannered way. :yes:

Edited by mole catcher
Guest JohnGalway

Never said to bury heads. If you look at the website one of the pictures came from my own county here :yes: A snare one I believe. I did say to go out into the community and educate folks about hunting. I often think people on here prefer to hide the fact that they hunt (I'm not having a go at anyone it's just an observation). When I meet people I'm always telling them the damage various vermin do to stock and other wild animals. What I mean is the same energy that's given to writing about anti's online should be put into educating people in our own communities. As for the sausage and head shots, this is a hunting site. Yes the head shot was used out of context and that should be highlighted on the other sides sites, post up threads on their own lies, THAT may well help sway things to see we do what we do and they lie about it. I believe myself the objections about pictures on here were directed towards fox shooters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, it's only very recently anyones said a peep about the many dog fighting threads that have been on. My income also depends on hunting and trapping MC, I am a sheep farmer in Connemara. This place is full of vermin. Foxes, greycrows, magpies, mink etc. If I don't control them I have injured and dead stock and that comes out of my pocket, and those of my neighbours :yes:

I may have been able to structure my initial post better, but the point remains the same, direct the energies in a way to educate the public rather than slate our own. I'll repeat it's not my intention to have a go at anyone here.

An idea which may be worthy of consideration would be a picture thread on the damage what we hunt do. Song birds eggs everywhere, eyes/tounges/guts picked out of lambs, cows udders opened, game and wild birds destroyed by mink and fox. No, it would not be pretty but it may help in educating some folks that a lot of these creatures are not fluffy huggy cartoon characters :)

That's basically all I got to say, I apologise if I caused offence to anyone, just what I've been thinking the last while. As Woodga says (I think), good hunting all :thumbs:

Edited by JohnGalway

I wouldnt say your words have offended anyone, least of all me.

that pic on my post was taken off here by myself from someone elses post, its staged around the words i put on it just to show how our actions or more so our posts that can be miss read. I agree with you 100% about doing more to promote our livleyhoods and our sports, i for one have a trade stand that is nothing more than a promotion for my business and how it should be done properly, trying to undo all the misstruths that are printed by the oppersition. This is done at a cost to myself both in cash and time that i could spend with my young children but i choose to champion the cause.

4yrs back i worked on a sheep farm for about 14mths so i saw first hand tha damage vermin was doing, lambs with tounges missing, lambs with their skulls pecked in but still living, ive even seen foxes rounding up ewes as they were giving birth. of course you need to control vermin, that was never my point but who listens when you shout about your needs as a stockman? no one. why? because its not emotive enough to get others passions up. Get one missinformed person shouting about the poor beautfull fox and dozens will listen, no matter how miss informed their information is that they are giving out. this is what i was trying to point out, as the minority us sportsman and woman have to be like you said, more pro-active. But at what point does pro-active become distastefull?

to the likes of you and I there is no cross over point as we see it for what it is, we see nature in all its grusome glory, the magpies eating the young songbirds ect ect show a pic of a dead lamb to your averidge(?) person in the street along side a pic of a fox with the same kind of head wound and i bet they find the fox pic more distastefull, why? because it was caused by man. then they will come out with the same old expression, let nature take care of it. you and i both know how far from a utopia the real world is, those kind will never listen.

If they dont listen what do we do then? i personally havnt got the answer to that one.

the biggest problem today is i feel our own passions, we feel strongly about our way of life and why shouldnt we? they feel the same about their ideals, there will allways be this divide but you and I are on the same side here John, maybe all that divides us is our methods of control and the water between us.

it was never my intentions to cause upset or pi$$ anyone off with my post, just trying to show what kind of untruths are out there and by who. maybe it didnt work but like you said, we should try and promote hunting for what it is, peoples livleyhoods ( government didnt listen to 407,000 voices so i doubt if they will hear mine), giving other animals the chance to florish and keeping on top of vermin.

But how do you get the masses to at least listen to the truths? where are all the federations and what are they doing with the money we pay into them? surely this is why we put cash into them, to fight for our cause? :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...