bedlington whippets

strong enough for what? very game little dogs plenty of fire in there bellys, lots of stamina,a bit like duracel batteries just keep on going :boxing: exellant little rabbit dogs 110%,if its rabbits your after,can be a little bit head strong at times but very loyal friendly liitle dogs,good with there nose to,depends what your hunting,you may catch the odd one of these :whistling: there good fun :clapper:

post-10690-1195342455_thumb.jpg

strong enough for what? very game little dogs plenty of fire in there bellys, lots of stamina,a bit like duracel batteries just keep on going :boxing: exellant little rabbit dogs 110%,if its rabbits your after,can be a little bit head strong at times but very loyal friendly liitle dogs,good with there nose to,depends what your hunting,you may catch the odd one of these :whistling: there good fun :clapper:

do they mind getting bitten and how big is a big bedy/whippet just case they come across something thats eating my chickens

my dog is 19 1/2 tts,to be honest mate iv never tried him on chicken eaters but i would give him ago,he does have a very high pain threshold as he never complains when cut or anything when hunting you have to be able to say right hes had enough and go home,a bull greyhound grabbed him at a show when i raced him ,my dog had the loore in his mouth,he turned and flew at it obviously this dog was quadroople his weight and grabbed him and shook him about before he backed down it wasnt until the next day when i noticed a small hole on his shoulder about the size of a 50p piece,never complained,but hey i guess no dogs the same,i no one of his litter mates is very timid,but i think its had a few beatings as a pup,NO NEED!!treat them right and you will have good little dog,i guess its like any dog eh :thumbs:

my dog is 19 1/2 tts,to be honest mate iv never tried him on chicken eaters but i would give him ago,he does have a very high pain threshold as he never complains when cut or anything when hunting you have to be able to say right hes had enough and go home,a bull greyhound grabbed him at a show when i raced him ,my dog had the loore in his mouth,he turned and flew at it obviously this dog was quadroople his weight and grabbed him and shook him about before he backed down it wasnt until the next day when i noticed a small hole on his shoulder about the size of a 50p piece,never complained,but hey i guess no dogs the same,i no one of his litter mates is very timid,but i think its had a few beatings as a pup,NO NEED!!treat them right and you will have good little dog,i guess its like any dog eh :thumbs:

Nice one just the sort of info I want going to see some beddi crosses this morning, a beddi/greyhound, a beddi/whippet and a 3/4beddi whippet. But I must say I am a fussy fecker and I think you should be if you are keeping a dog for life shamon.

i have been told whippets doubled will take chiken munchers on the lamp posibly also a venison steak

so if you add bedlinton too them i think it makes them tougher and so probably feistiyer if theres such a word :lol:

did you see that double muscule whippet in one of the news papers, I think I might have seen it on a link sun maybe any way it had a genetic defect which gave it two layers of muscule what a scary looking dog looked like it was a pumped up monster from a horrer movie. My friends boy had a very large whippet dog which was almost a charley slayer and needed a little help sometimes on larger ones Danny Britton any one know where he is now.

Edited by leegreen

why put a small dog thats not upto the job 100% through the hassle and pain? i love beddy whippets but fox dogs they aint! rabbits and rats they are lethal on and yes they do have alot of fire! it just makers sense to get a dog with a bit more weight behind it and with a bit more height that will still pick up the bunnies! a 1stx beddy/grey would be just the job i think!

why put a small dog thats not upto the job 100% through the hassle and pain? i love beddy whippets but fox dogs they aint! rabbits and rats they are lethal on and yes they do have alot of fire! it just makers sense to get a dog with a bit more weight behind it and with a bit more height that will still pick up the bunnies! a 1stx beddy/grey would be just the job i think!

Hi there

Ive owned a few beddy whippet crosses over the years and eight out of ten have been 100% on chicken munchers pre ban of coarse.

I think it depends on the dog itself but i agree with mattyg a heavier 1st x would be more suited for this day and age.

Happy hunting

Stoney

ferreting an lamping rabbits is about there lot ive known and been out with a good few day n night and i never thought much of them on the lamp,if you want it or anything else other than rabbits dont waste your time an money.

if it was a beddy whippet mix , 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedlington , but its each to their own :) ... people prefer different breeds , and depends what sort of land your working ,

you mean like this one :D

like this one :thumbs:

:)

how big is he/she, i have only had my bitch for a week so cant say what the cross is like but has killed 2 rats, what does your dog do best ?

My favourite x.I bought mine purely for ferreting,rabbits (day and night) and rats.Mines 10 months old,and has been ferreting with me for the last couple of months,and doing a good job,and was taking rats at 6 months.If i wanted a dog for bigger stuff i wouldn't of had a beddyxwhippet as my first choice.I've seen more than one take charlie single handed (pre ban) and they are brave dogs,but they couldn't do the job as well as a bigger dog.As for spirit,they aren't lacking,my pup will not back down,and i've had to pull her off the terrier on more than one occasion.When out running she would just keep going and going if i let her.Great nose as well,i was out with another forum member who was amazed at the nose on my pup,if she marks theres somone home,and if she doesn't,then leave the ferts in the box. :thumbs:

10 months old,18.5 inches,and 24lb.

post-1833-1195399317_thumb.jpg

post-1833-1195399363_thumb.jpg