fac home visit

had my home visit tonight after applying in early september for my fac,it was 6pm he phoned and was here in 10 minutes,checked the gun cabinet and asked the usual safety questions and said everything was fine and just to wait for the postman,so im well chuffed......................... :big_boss::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

waiting for my visit had the app in for 4 weeks now so should be soon!!!!!!

after i applied my cheque came out straight away,waited another month and then phoned the woman said that here in north yorkshire they dont get in touch for 3 months i was gutted but dared not complain,so i was well suprised when i got the call today

Apart from the obvious layout of the safe and fittings.

How much did it cost and is it an open ticket or are you Ltd to where you can use it.

All the best,

Nik

hi mate the cost was £50 for the licence and at the moment i think its £26 renewal for next year.there is a limit of just one gun at the moment,regards lone wolf

what sort of questions did he ask...?

hi mate he just asked general questions of why i wanted an fac and then safety and finally how was the gun kept when im out hunting but not actually shooting ie,where will the gun be,i said locked in the car in a case or slip with trigger lock on.he was only here about 20 mins and that included checking the cabinet,having a cuppa and talking about englands footy chances lol lone wolf

How much did it cost and is it an open ticket or are you Ltd to where you can use it.

All the best,

Nik

hi mate the cost was £50 for the licence and at the moment i think its £26 renewal for next year.there is a limit of just one gun at the moment,regards lone wolf

hi lonewolf we've just had the home visit 3.00pm, my son put in for .22lr ,.17hmr and .243 feo said no problem to all three,how come the renewal will be next year and how come only one gun at the moment

All the best,

Nik

hi lonewolf we've just had the home visit 3.00pm, my son put in for .22lr ,.17hmr and .243 feo said no problem to all three,how come the renewal will be next year and how come only one gun at the moment

probs only one gun because that all i asked for as far s the licence goes dont know if it was yearly,regards lone wolf :drink:

what sort of questions did he ask...?

hi mate he just asked general questions of why i wanted an fac and then safety and finally how was the gun kept when im out hunting but not actually shooting ie,where will the gun be,i said locked in the car in a case or slip with trigger lock on.he was only here about 20 mins and that included checking the cabinet,having a cuppa and talking about englands footy chances lol lone wolf

lol cheers mate :victory:

mate took me three months for fac to come through for .22 cz got it in September posted it back with a veriatian form with £26 to add a.222 on and got it back in two weeks should have put them both on one form but thought it was pushing my look .when i applied for the .222 no fireams officer came to check my cabinets because he checked them in sept so i think thats why it was fast to be postted back

hi lonewolf,should of asked for whatever you think you need and save £26 for each variation,even if you do'nt fill all the slots there on you ticket five years.do you come under cleveland they are usually reasonably fast,mine took 22 days from start to finish,best of luck with your application :drink: